TOEFL essay:A friend of yours has received some money and plans to use all of it either to go a vacation or buy a car,you friend has asked you for advice. Compare your friend’s two choices and explain which one you think your friend should choose. Use ..

147. A friend of yours has received some money and plans to use all of it either
# to go on a vacation
# to buy a car.
Your friend has asked you for advice. Compare your friend’s two choices and explain which one you think your friend should choose. Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Trying to decide how to use your money is always tough. Should you use your money to buy a car or go on a vacation? Both afford lasting pleasure, but of a very different kind. From a vacation you get the pleasure of doing wonderful things and of totally relaxing and enjoying yourself. The memories you bring home with you can give you that same pleasure again every time you think of them.

A car also gives you pleasure, every time you drive it. There’s the pleasure of not having to depend on public transportation. You can go places off the beaten track, where public transportation doesn’t go. There is also the pleasure of being independent. You are able to go anywhere your car can take you, without depending on others.

A vacation gives you the opportunity to learn new things and meet new and interesting people. However, it’s only for a short period of time. A car gives you the same opportunities on a smaller level, but on a more regular basis. With a car, you can go someplace new every weekend. You can also join a car pool. That way you can share travel expenses with the new people you meet.

Some people might say that spending your money on a vacation instead of on a car is being impractical. But nothing is as satisfying as a really good vacation. It’s mentally and physically healthy. It gives you a chance to get away from all that is familiar to you and see the world from a new perspective. It lets you do nothing but play, the way you did when you were a child. Being able to play, even for a short period of time, is absolutely necessary for everyone’s mental health. I would choose the vacation, because we all deserve to indulge ourselves sometime.