TOEFL essay:Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources, such as forests, animals, or clean water. Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved . Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

Many natural resources are disappointed of being wasted on our planet every day. One of the most important resources we are abusing is our trees. Each year , hundreds of thousands of acres of trees disappear in countries all around the world . In some countries , these trees are used for fuel. In other countries , trees are destroyed to build housing developments and shopping centers. Saving trees has become a major cultural and economical issue in many of the world.

Trees are essential to our survival . They are a major part of the process of photosynthesis . Photosynthesis is the process in which green plants use carbon dioxide to produce oxygen ,and oxygen is something all of us need . The fewer trees there are ,the more this affects our ability to breathe.

Trees are also important in the development of many medicines. The mainstream medical establishment did not recognize this for many years. However , those who use natural medicines have always known how important trees are. Now scientists are agreeing with them. Many drugs come from the leaves of certain trees, along with other herds and plants.

In rural areas, farmers have always known how important trees are to soil conservation. This is why you’ll usually see trees lining a field . Tree rots help keep the soil in place, and are also a factor in water distribution deep beneath the ground .

Finally ,we should save trees from disappearing because they provide so much pleasure. ‘I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree,’ wrote a poet . That is the truth . A tall , stately tree is beautiful to look at, and pleasing to the soul . It is also a great place to find shade on a hot summer’s day.