Some people prefer to share a room with unknown person, while others prefer to choose a roommate by themselves. I support the first way of living in a university dormitory room, because this way I can have a new friend, recognize his culture and be shown new extra-curricular activities by him.

Letting the university assign a student to share a room with me I will enjoy the advantage of new friend opportunities. I will try to make friends with him. Learning abroad I will probably have no friends there, and even if I have them I would like to enhance the number of my friends, which will be beneficial for me, because I will have more people close for helping, having a fund or just talking.

Studying abroad I will encounter new cultural problems, but I will like them, because it is new to me. While living with an Armenian I will learn nothing new about other cultures. While sharing a room with a foreigner I will recognize his country’s customs, traditions and also have a chance to visit there and be shown the famous places by my new friend.

If I share a room with a person whom I already know I will not discover new extra-curricular activities. While my new roommate will probably show me into the new world by supporting new club or extra-curricular activities, which I would like to enter. Besides studying it is beneficial to go to painting or sport clubs. Therefore, without new interactions I will not maybe accepted to such clubs or even know about their existence.

In conclusion, if you want to increase the number of your friends, it is better to let the university find the roommate itself. New people in your life mean new friend opportunities, new conversance of foreign traditions and customs, and new areas of out of university activities.