Some students prefer to work on class assignments by themselves. Others believe it is better to work in a group. Which do you prefer? Explain why.

Speaking topics in text

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

I prefer to work alone on the assignment. First and foremost, I feel it is more efficient. From my own experience, working with a group of people will cost a lot of time. We will struggle or discuss something and can’t decide how to do. Or repeat the same work. Working on the assignment myself won’t have those problems and I can finish fast. Secondly, I can get a fair score if I work alone. Since teacher usually give one group the same score. I feel it is not fair to me because I always do more work than the others. Finally, l can learn more knowledge to finish the work alone. I need to gather all kinds of information all by myself and thus I can learn a lot. It makes the assignment more meaningful to me.