2013 PhD Scholarships in Chemistry at University of Copenhagen in Denmark

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 04/19/2013 - 23:00

2013 PhD Scholarships in Chemistry at University of Copenhagen in DenmarkEligibility: The scholarships are open to Danish and international applicants. Normally, we expect applicants to have obtained an MSc Degree in Chemistry but it is also possible to enroll in the 4+4 scheme either with an honours (4 year) bachelor or with a 3 year BSc degree and 1 MSc year already completed. This model requires an addition year of study, a midway qualification exam, and lower salary for the first two years.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD level.

Provider: University of Copenhagen

For Which Country: Denmark

For Whom: These scholarships are open to Danish and international applicants.

Description: PhD Scholarships available at the Department of Chemistry at University of Copenhagen in Denmark. Teaching is an essential part of PhD training in the department. Applicants must have obtained an MSc degree in Chemistry but it is also possible to enroll in the 4+4 scheme either with an honours (4 year) bachelor or with a 3 year BSc degree and 1 MSc year already completed.

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for  3 or 4 years.

What does it cover? The starting salary for candidates with an MSc degree will be a minimum of DKK 304.056 per year (April 2013 level) plus pension contribution and the possibility to negotiate wages.

Selection Criteria: Key criteria for the assessment of candidates

-A master´s and/or honours bachelor (4 year) degree within chemistry (or with a strong component of chemistry)

-Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD project

-Relevant work experience, including teaching, dissemination and research

-Teaching skills

-Language skills (fluency in Danish or English)

-Interpersonal skills

-Other professional activities

-Time taken to obtain your degrees

-For applicants applying with an honours (4-year) bachelor degree, the grades obtained during the bachelor program will be considered.

Notification:  Each applicant will be notified of the composition of the committee and will receive the part of the evaluation that concerns her/him. The main criterion for selection of the PhD candidates will be the research potential of the applicant. The final selection of successful candidates will be made by the Head of the Department, based on the recommendations made by the evaluation committee.

Deadline: The application deadline is 15-05-2013.