Sandman Undergraduate Scholarships at Newcastle University in UK

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 04/09/2013 - 09:00

Newcastle UniversitySandman Hotel Group (UK) Ltd offers undergraduate scholarships at Newcastle University, UK. Scholarships are available for undergraduate degree programme in either the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering or the School of Computing Science. The students of UK can apply for this scholarship but preference will be given to female candidates in the case of Mechanical and Systems Engineering only. Awards of £2,500 for each of three years of study may be made. The application deadline is 30 September 2013.

Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided for undergraduate degree programme in either the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering or the School of Computing Science.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at Newcastle University.
Scholarship Provider: Sandman Hotel Group (UK) Ltd.
Scholarship can be taken at: UK 

Eligibility: -To be eligible for this award you must:

-be an undergraduate home student

-have applied to study in the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering OR the School of Computing Science;

-be able to demonstrate financial need for the award;

-have applied for the full student loan to which you are entitled, and be able to produce evidence of this.

Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of UK can apply for this scholarship.

Scholarship Description: Three scholarships are available to students accepted on to an undergraduate degree programme in either the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering or the School of Computing Science. Preference will be given to female candidates in the case of Mechanical and Systems Engineering only.  Awards of £2,500 for each of three years of study may be made and application is by competitive process.

Number of award(s): Three Scholarships are offered.

Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for three years.

What does it cover? Awards of £2,500 for each of three years of study may be made and application is by competitive process.

Selection Criteria: Applications will be judged on financial need, academic potential, enthusiasm and aptitude for the chosen programme of study.

Notification: Not Known

How to Apply: Applications must be received no later than 30 September 2013. Please include the following:

-A covering letter giving information on why you need the award, your reasons for applying for your course, and any other information you feel is relevant.

-A brief CV – no more than 2 sides of A4.

-A copy of proof of entitlement to a student loan.

-A copy of your passport or birth certificate.  Please do not send original documents.

-Applications will be judged on financial need, academic potential, enthusiasm and aptitude for the chosen programme of study.

-Recipients are required to give an annual update on their progress and be available to meet the donor annually if requested.

Queries and applications should be directed to:

Karen Hendrix

Stewardship and Scholarship Officer

Newcastle University

King’s Gate

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 7RU

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 September 2013.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application