SAWISE Hope Scholarships for South African Women in Science and Technology

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 04/30/2013 - 08:01

SAWISE Hope Scholarships for South African Women in Science and TechnologyCourse: Science (Incl. Medicine), Engineering
Level: Undergraduate (Bachelors)
Provider: SAWISE; The Hope Network
For Which Country: South Africa

Scholarship Description: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) and The Hope Network invites female students entering their Honours level /4th year of study to apply for the SAWISE Hope scholarship.

The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) is a dynamic association for all those who support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in South Africa. 

Eligibility: Criteria to be met:

Selection Criteria: The foundation is looking for an ambitious, conscientious young lady with the determination to go after what she wants; a young woman with the potential to make a contribution to her field and of course, to society in general.

Scholarship Condition:

Eligible groups: Female citizens of South Africa

Participating Institutions: The Scholarship is tenable at any of the following universities:

Fields of Study: Engineering, Sciences and/or related field (Medical included)

Number of awards: Not specified by provider

Sponsorship Duration: The scholarship is for one year full time study.

Scholarship benefits: Recipient will receive R10 000.
Mentorship: The scholarship founding group will serve as mentors to the recipient over the course of her Honours year /4th year of study. The recipient will be assigned special industry-specific mentors that align with her field of study. The recipient will have the opportunity to interact with the founding network of professional women through her invitation to, and participation in, Hope Network and SAWISE events.

Method of Application: Interested? Submit a covering letter of motivation, a detailed CV (including the contact details of two academic referees), a certified copy of all university results to date, and a certified ID copy. Ensure that a working email address is provided with your CV. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All applications to be sent to the address listed below.

The SAWISE Hope Scholarship,

P.O. Box 34085,

Rhodes Gift,

Cape Town, 7707

You may visit the official Hope Network website here.

DEADLINES: Applications for the SAWISE Hope Scholarship are welcomed each year from 1 October until 30 November.

PLEASE NOTE: The Hope Scholarship is for Honours/4th year level young women, preferably in the sciences and/or related field (medical included). Preference will be given to a candidate experiencing financial difficulty or distress.

For enquiries email: sawise.scholarships@gmail.com

Application Deadline: 30 November 2013

Open to International students: No (ONLY South Africans)

Article references
scholarshipslisting.com