Description: The Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University through the support of Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport offers five partial scholarships for developing countries. Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Eligible Field of Study: Students who are applying for study in one of Bachelor’s Studies or Master’s Studies Programmes at Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University from academic year 2014/15 can apply
About Scholarship: Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee based programs in academic year 2014/15. A total of five scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate and Masters Scholarship
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences from academic year 2014/15.
In addition to the documents submitted by scholarship applicants, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
Number of Scholarships: A total of five scholarships are available.
Value of Scholarship:
- Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of Kc 50,000 (about 2,050 Euro) as a contribution towards living costs.
- School fees for the second semester of study will Not be waived.
- Although we would like to continue the scholarship scheme in school year 2015/16, this is subject to our receiving further funding for future years. At present, therefore, we cannot guarantee that similar Scholarships will be available for students’ second year of study.
Eligible Countries: The students from the following developing countries are eligible: Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay
To be Taken at (Country): Charles University, Czech Republic
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Offered Annually: Not specified
How to Apply
- The mode of applying is by post. Applications must be made on the form that accompanies this announcement, and must include the following documents:
-completed application form;
- -motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why they need a scholarship, and what they hope to gain from their studies at Charles University;
- -two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know the student from their previous studies, including confirmation of the student’s financial need.
Scholarship Webpage: http://fsveng.fsv.cuni.cz/FSVEN-320.html
Sponsors: Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences