Search and read essays

Essay title Rates User Category Sticky
The well-being of a society is enhanced when many of its people question authority. (70) maryam2900 GMAT/GRE
TPO-13 - Integrated Writing Task Private collectors have been selling and buying fossils, the petrified remains of ancient organisms, ever since the eighteenth century. In recent years, however, the sale of fossils, particularly of dinosaurs and other lar (78) dhani Integrated TOEFL Writing
Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80) Muza97 IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic sticky icon
IELTS ESSAY - Nowadays, many people go shopping in their free time. Shopping has replaced many other activities that people choose as their hobby. What are the reasons for this? Is this a positive or negative development? (65.71429999999999) devabe2005 IELTS
Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours (65.33329999999999) maryam2900 IELTS
The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint (60) harsha GMAT/GRE
Claim: In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the extent (72) mohamedabdelhakim GMAT/GRE sticky icon
The charts show the sources of the electricity produced in 4 countries between 2003 and 2008. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (73) kingnight153 IELTS Writing Task I - IELTS Academic
TPO-1-integrated writing (70) omidhldn Integrated TOEFL Writing
A recent study showed that both developed and developing countries prosper because of economic growth. People from developing countries are much happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. Why is th (55) dmelen IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. (60) siamakd GMAT/GRE Argument Task
TOEFL integrated writing: The sea otter (70) wellington025 Integrated TOEFL Writing
The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for Coca-Cola.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.•You should write at least 150 words.•You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. (82) Tessy James IELTS sticky icon
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (70) TEST-English School IELTS
130) Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (91.1765) magicsk TOEFL
Nowadays people are forgetting national celebrations and enjoying themselves on other days that are important to them personally. Discuss and give your opinion. (60) Tessy James IELTS
agree or disagree In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. (75) deepali1234 TOEFL
Do You Agree Or Disagree With The Following Statement? Attending A Live Performance (for Example, A Play, Concert, Or Sporting Event) Is More Enjoyable Than Watching The Same Event On Television. Use Specific Reasons And Examples To Support Your Opinion. (60) Samar 1984 Independent TOEFL Writing
03. Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student’s field of study. (52) pookieeee GMAT/GRE
The following appeared in a memo to the board of directors of a company that specializes in the delivery of heating oil."Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for he (60) oya163 GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo (40) dhruv GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Computers are being used more and more in education. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and give your own opinion. (80) krrish2 IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS General Training
TPO 48Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (66) Hamed.Baghal Independent TOEFL Writing
Talk about the pros/ cons of this era as is full of daily inventions (73) ankur_21 IELTS Writing Task I - IELTS Academic
Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo (73.33329999999999) dhanraj1311 GMAT/GRE
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city center changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the cost of using different forms of transport in the city. Summarize the information b selecting and reporting the main fea (75) avista_nada IELTS
Pets should be treated like family members. (63.6364) Siddhi TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries. (76) hipax Independent TOEFL Writing
It’s good to have English as a global language. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your reasons and include relevant examples from your own experience. (73) max1991 IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS General Training
News editors decide what to broadcast on TV and what to print in newspapers. Some people feel that news broadcasts focus too heavily on bad news and should include lighter stories while others believe that the news should remain focused on important event (73) Monica1 IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different w (70) kinjalpatel Independent TOEFL Writing
The table below gives information about consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. (55.5) mabick_1527 IELTS Writing Task I - IELTS Academic
It is generally believed that some people are born with the certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these v (88) andaihiep IELTS
There is a good deal of evidence that increasing car use is contributing to global warming and having other undesirable effects on people's health and well-being.What can be done to discourage people from using their cars? (67) tvaishnavi IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerous activities? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80) robertwang TOEFL
Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process? (70) dnaserbakht IELTS
Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y (58) hellzee GMAT/GRE sticky icon
It has been proved that smoking kills. In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places except in certain areas. All countries should make these rules.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (83.33329999999999) Umb221 IELTS sticky icon
Some people think governments should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space (for example, traveling to the Moon and to other planets). Other people disagree and think governments should spend this money for our basic needs on Earth. Which o (91.4286) Ekhlass1980 Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70) roxanaluca IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and mysterious.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take (91) nbkru2f GMAT/GRE Issue Task sticky icon
School should be make compulsory for everyone till the age of 18.Agree or Disagree ? (70) dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
You are applying for a job and need a letter of reference. Write a letter to a former teacher. In your letter, give details of the job, explain why it is important to you, suggest that information your teacher could put in the reference. (75) krrish2 IELTS Writing Task I - IELTS Academic sticky icon
2.The bar chart below shows the estimated sales of jeans for two companies next year in Turkey. The pie chart shows the projected market share of the two companies in jeans at the end of next year. (78) mr.cuong95 IELTS Writing Task I - IELTS Academic
A favorite childhood memory (70) NGUYÊN TRẦN CÁT VY IELTS Writing Task II - IELTS Academic
When Stanley Park first opened, it was the largest, most heavily used public park in town. It is still the largest park, but it is no longer heavily used. Video cameras mounted in the park's parking lots last month revealed the park's drop in popularity: (66) sadra1988 GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models."Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the cla (96.66670000000001) adifire GMAT/GRE sticky icon
The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the s (50) utkarsh3010 GMAT/GRE
Does advertising reflect the culture?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90) Ana TOEFL sticky icon
Compare modern shopping centers to local markets and shops. What way of shopping has more advantages for the people and the society? (75.59999999999999) Ksenia IELTS