4Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as

4 Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Here speaker trying to impart that Adams reality is preferable as it has more no of agents and last year revenue compare to Fitch reality. This is blind statement. In continuation speaker again taking favour of Adams by giving example of their own experience, which is also need more evidence up to some extent.

The speaker contends that the Adams realty business is superior to Fitch reality based on their strength of agents in very first assumption. Well this can be correct as business growth depends on contacts and vast group. But speaker has to give statistical data that how sufficiently these agents are doing their business. For example though Adams has 40 agents and Fitch has 25, but if these 25 can be proved more beneficent than Adams’s. This can be concluded only by examining statistical data of business doing all agents.

In addition speaker presuming that as Adams’s last year income was more than Fitch, Adams reality is good one. Again speaker is evaluating only last year income, it is not fair comparison. He has to compare yearly income of minimum more than 5 years. For example it could be the scenario that excepting last year, in rest of the four year Fitch has earned more income than Adams. So speaker cannot judge only form one year income.

Further speaker trying to make Adams superior by giving example their own experience. As before ten years speaker had to wait for four months to sell his house listed with Fitch, however last year it took only one month listed with Adams. Well while comparing between two deal one has to look after all factors like location of house, real estate market economy before 10 year and last year and the type of house with its carpet area, storey etc. Might be the house sold before 10 year was listed with high price, on outskirts with very small carpet area and very old construction, that’s why it took more time. It’s also depends on, how was the economy at both different time.

In sum I want to conclude that speaker has not given fair and sufficient supportive evidence which could insist to use Adams reality. As I stated speaker should have studied statistically and deeply the business quantum of both estate’s , than only could come out with right conclusion.

This is blind statement.
This is a blind statement.

which is also need more evidence up to some extent.
which also need more evidence up to some extent.

Adams reality is good one.
Adams reality is a good one.

it is not fair comparison
it is not a fair comparison

--------------------------

argument 2 -- not exactly.

suggested:
author implies that since Adam’s revenue is twice as high as that of Fitch, Adam is superior. However, the writer has not mentioned about the service charge. It is possible that Adam is making more profit due to its high service charge which might be adversely affecting the home-seller. Another possibility is perhaps Adam sells only high-priced homes, such that average selling price is more and hence the profit. Also, it is not logical to claim that Adam is superior because of its high revenue of one year. It is certain that one cannot predict the overall efficiency of a firm based on just previous year’s output. Author should consider the fact that firms and business have their own ups and downs.

--------------------------