The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper."Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lob

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a local newspaper.

"Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to widen the highway, adding an additional lane of traffic. But last year's addition of a lane to the nearby Green Highway was followed by a worsening of traffic jams on it. A better alternative is to add a bicycle lane to Blue Highway. Many area residents are keen bicyclists. A bicycle lane would encourage them to use bicycles to commute, and so would reduce rush-hour traffic rather than fostering an increase."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author, in the argument above, claimed that the commuting time of residents of a city has increased doubled because of the increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway. He/she consider that suggestion of adding a new lane not functional because the same measurement On green Highway aggrevate the condition and Gave another opinion that , many of residents are keen bicyclers and so it could be more effective if a bicycle lane added ti Blue highway.Getting accurate on the argument, reveals that the author failed to represent evidences that based on wich the argument could be evaluate , more effectively.

First, to bolster the argument there should be an evidence that demonstrates there is no difference between the features and conditions of two Highways. It is possible that the population that commute on Green highway were significantly, higher than the number of Blue Highway commuters, and so adding one lane could not help with reducing traffic jams on Green highway, while it could be viable on Blue highway. If such evidences show that there are difference in influential factors on traffic jams, between 2 highways, so the author idea about worsening impacts of new car lane could be wrong and there was no need to adding bicycle lane, actually.

The other aspect that should be investigated, is that whether there is any drawbacks and problems in added lane on Green highway. For example it does not follow standard wide of a highway lane, or there are some problems in its infrastructures that make it unqualified and inefficient. Such factors could cause heavy traffic jams and it could not be asserted that only adding new lane cuase heavier taffic jams . And author’s conclusion could be negated by these evidences.

Also, Being keen bicycle riders does not necessarily, mean that suburbs residents tend to transform between suburb and city center with bicycle, If there were some evidences that show people are not inclined to riding far distances on bicycle, or they only do bicycling as an entertainment not a method of commuting, as a consequence, it can not be a good seggustion to adding bicycle lane , because it could be useless and people continue using cars to commute from Blue highway and no change will occur on traffic times.

As what is mentioned above, it could be seen that, there are several evidences, that considering them could hep the author to represent a more cogent and strong argument.

Sentence: He/she consider that suggestion of adding a new lane not functional because the same measurement On green Highway aggrevate the condition and Gave another opinion that , many of residents are keen bicyclers and so it could be more effective if a bicycle lane added ti Blue highway.Getting accurate on the argument, reveals that the author failed to represent evidences that based on wich the argument could be evaluate , more effectively.
Error: aggrevate Suggestion: aggregate
Error: wich Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ti Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Such factors could cause heavy traffic jams and it could not be asserted that only adding new lane cuase heavier taffic jams .
Error: cuase Suggestion: case
Error: taffic Suggestion: traffic

Sentence: Also, Being keen bicycle riders does not necessarily, mean that suburbs residents tend to transform between suburb and city center with bicycle, If there were some evidences that show people are not inclined to riding far distances on bicycle, or they only do bicycling as an entertainment not a method of commuting, as a consequence, it can not be a good seggustion to adding bicycle lane , because it could be useless and people continue using cars to commute from Blue highway and no change will
Error: seggustion Suggestion: suggestion

----------------

----------------