The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Author is promoting Adam Realty to his friend over Fitch realty on the basis of his unwarranted data of number of agent, sales and revenue of Adam Realty. Which has performed better in all three area according to author’s conjunction. However, author has assumed various specious aspect about Adam realty and compared it with Fitch Realty on the basis of doubtful and uncertain data.

Adam Realty has 40 agent that is less than 25 agent of Fitch Realty is data provided by author. Nevertheless, author here has blindly assumed that among 40 agent of Adam’s all of them are full time. Do he know or provided any detail about how many of 40 agent are working full time and part- time? No. Adam’s employees could have 10 full –time agent and 30 part time; these numbers make Fitch’s part –time agent less than Adam’s. Clearly, author assuming Adam’s has all 40 full time agent is undermining his positive review about Adam’s are better than Fitch.

Author support his review about Adam Realty by citing their revenue last year was twice more than Fitch Realty. This supporting detail has assumed that Fitch Realty is charging less commission on their sale than Adam’s. Clearly, author has based his assertion of Adam’s generating more revenue than Fitch because Adam’s has more agent and sold high price houses without comparing the percentage of commission per sale with Fitch’s commission rate. Which would be generating equal or more revenue as Adam’s. In that case Adam’s are enjoying better equity than Fitch Realty is miscalculated claim.

Adam’s sale faster than Fitch’s claim is supported by a decade old data; where in author has sold his house in 4 month through Fitch Realty, on the contrary recently he sold another house in a month time through Adam’s. What was the market trend? Where supply and demand of houses were same as today? Real estate prices were lower or higher than today? Was that’s the time Adam Realty and Fitch Realty both new to the real estate market? It seems author has assumed that market trend, supply –demand of houses, real sate prices was same as today 10 years ago. Although he has not provided any detail of both companies inception timing he presume Fitch would have been a long term horse in this business and would have done worst in the year he had sold home through their services. But what about fallowing years from that years, they would have ruled the market. These are very pertinent assumption which require valid explanation to validate author’s perception about Adam being better than Fitch Realty.

On the other side, if all the assumption that are ignored by author would be unwarranted. It is very convincing to concur that Adam’s are better than Fitch because of their man power, Number of costly houses sold at a faster pace. However, if author’s all assertion are specious then his reviews about Fitch lower performance is inexact. By referring Adam Realty to his friend he might direct him to a way wherein he would have to wait a long time to sale his house, might have to pay more or less commission to sale his property and would have to face difficulty to take appointment considering unreliable data of Adam’s full time and part –time agent.

On the basis of the above mention explanation on author’s set of assumption stating Adam realty better than Fitch Realty is a postulation which require to consider series of factors and other relevant assumptions to ascertain his conclusion of “Adam Realty is better than Fitch Realty"

argument 1 -- NOT OK. You need to accept whatever the data provided by the topic are true. Here you can argue that maybe people working in Fitch are more professional, even though they work in part time.

No. of Words: 599 350 //Write the essay in 30 minutes. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.

It doesn't need the fifth paragraph. The conclusion paragraph is enough.

-----------------------------------------------