The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals.“In a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful ba

The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals.

“In a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful bacteria than did the liquid hand soaps currently used in our hospitals. During our recent test of regular-strength UltraClean with doctors, nurses, and visitors at our hospital in Worktown, the hospital reported significantly fewer cases of patient infection (a 20 percent reduction) than did any of the other hospitals in our group. Therefore, to prevent serious patient infections, we should supply UltraClean at all hand-washing stations, including those used by visitors, throughout our hospital system.”

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In this argument the arguer claim that to prevent serious patient infection, at all- hand-washing stations, including thise used by visitors, throught their hospital system should supply UltraClean. The arguer present a series of evident to support his argument, nonetheless there exist some flaws in arguer’s assumption.

First of all, the arguer claim in a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful bacteria than did the liquid hand soaps currently used in our hospitals. Although it is reasonable at first glance, it is in fact ill-conceit. It is very likely that this result that the UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful bacteria than the liquid hand soaps ONLY happen in a controlled laboratory, nonetheless in reality the result are on the contrary. The evident the arguer provide is based on the prior assumption that the enviornment in the hospital is the same as in the controlled laboratory. For example, the different environment cause the different outcome because the different type of the bacteria.

In the second place, the arguer based on the assumption that the harmful bacteria cause the patience infection through our hands. Although this is reasonable and possible, the crucial reason for the patience infection could depend on lots of aspect. For example, the partient infection may throught the air instead of the hand. Some kind of the disease infect people through the air such as SARS. Besides, the arguer didn’t provide the amount of the patient in the hospital in Worktoen and the other. It is quite possible that the amount of the patient in the hospital in Worktown are far less than the others. For example, the allocation for the patients in hospital in Worktown is inferior to the other hospital, so the patients amount in Worktown is far less than the other. Based on this evident, the case of the patient infection in Worktown maybe also less than the other.

In sum up, the arguer doesn’t provide enough evident to wupport this argument, and the assumptnio of the argument are not cogent. In orger to draw more reasonable conclusion, the arguer should cite more persuasive evident and take any possible consideration into account.

Based on this evident,
Based on this evidence,

doesn’t provide enough evident
doesn’t provide enough evidence

Sentence: In this argument the arguer claim that to prevent serious patient infection, at all- hand-washing stations, including thise used by visitors, throught their hospital system should supply UltraClean.
Error: thise Suggestion: those
Error: throught Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The evident the arguer provide is based on the prior assumption that the enviornment in the hospital is the same as in the controlled laboratory.
Error: enviornment Suggestion: environment

Sentence: For example, the partient infection may throught the air instead of the hand.
Error: partient Suggestion: patient

Sentence: In sum up, the arguer doesn't provide enough evident to wupport this argument, and the assumptnio of the argument are not cogent.
Error: wupport Suggestion: support
Error: assumptnio Suggestion: assumption

Sentence: In orger to draw more reasonable conclusion, the arguer should cite more persuasive evident and take any possible consideration into account.
Error: orger Suggestion: No alternate word

-------------------
argument 1 -- OK, but how did you get: 'nonetheless in reality the result are on the contrary.'?

--------------------
Let's analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did the liquid hand soaps currently used in our hospitals. //The 40% reduction could be explained by the high concentration used. If the normal UltraClean is used instead then there could be no reduction in bacteria population.

condition 2:
During a subsequent test of UltraClean at our hospital in Workby, that hospital reported significantly fewer cases of patient infection than did any of the other hospitals in our group. //the hospital in Worktown is different to other hospitals.

conclusion:
Therefore, to prevent serious patient infections, we should supply UltraClean at all hand-washing stations throughout our hospital system. //your argument 2
-------------------