The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."

The author, the businees manager of a television station, has planned to restore the time devoted to weather and local news to ts former level. According to him, the viewers and advertising contracts of this new channel are decreasing since they have increased the time to national news during the late-night news program. But, the author's conclusion is not suppoted by strong evidences. A closer look into the ssuppoting arguements reveal that it has many loopholes, and these should be addressed for reaching an unbiased conclusion.

First, the author mentions about their news channels late-night news program that comprises more national news than local news and weather report. As a result, the news channel has recieved many complaints regarding the coverage of weather and local news. But the author did not mention when this late-night news program is telecasted, i.e. the time. Also, he did not mention when the local and weather news are reported during the program. It is quite common amongst people to watch news before they go to sleep, around 9pm to 11pm, so that they can get to know what is going on in their locality. Also, many working people would like to know the next day's weather forecast so that they can prepare themselves. If the news channel telecasts national news around this time and later telecasts the local and weather news around 12am, it is of no use. Thus, the author should have analysed the complaints properly before jumping into a conlusion.

Next, the author feels that because of this decrease in their telecasting of local and weather news, many of their advertising contracts have been cancelled. But, the author needs to look into this issue in more detail before concluding. Maybe the local advertising contracts would have felt that it was pointless to advertise in a late-night show program because not many will watch television during late night. Also, the cost of advertising during the late-night shows might have increased over the time and as a result the contractors might have canceled their contracts with the news channel. Since the author did not look into other aspects of his arguement, he cannot draw a conclusion blindly.

Therefore, there is no point in restoring the alloctaed time to the local and weather news to its former level without actually scrutinizing the isusue properly a. The author should consider the above stated arguements beofre coming to such a conclusion.

Sentence: The author, the businees manager of a television station, has planned to restore the time devoted to weather and local news to ts former level.
Error: businees Suggestion: business

Sentence: But, the author's conclusion is not suppoted by strong evidences.
Error: suppoted Suggestion: supposed

Sentence: A closer look into the ssuppoting arguements reveal that it has many loopholes, and these should be addressed for reaching an unbiased conclusion.
Error: arguements Suggestion: arguments
Error: ssuppoting Suggestion: supposing

Sentence: As a result, the news channel has recieved many complaints regarding the coverage of weather and local news.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Sentence: Thus, the author should have analysed the complaints properly before jumping into a conlusion.
Error: conlusion Suggestion: confusion

Sentence: Since the author did not look into other aspects of his arguement, he cannot draw a conclusion blindly.
Error: arguement Suggestion: argument

Sentence: Therefore, there is no point in restoring the alloctaed time to the local and weather news to its former level without actually scrutinizing the isusue properly a. The author should consider the above stated arguements beofre coming to such a conclusion.
Error: isusue Suggestion: issue
Error: arguements Suggestion: arguments
Error: beofre Suggestion: before
Error: alloctaed Suggestion: allocated

---------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

---------------------
Need one paragraph to argue against the conclusion:
"Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs"