“homes in the northeast united states, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienced 90 days with below-average temperatures, and climate forecasters at waymarsh-university

“homes in the northeast united states, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienced 90 days with below-average temperatures, and climate forecasters at waymarsh-university predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years. Furthermore, many new homes have been built in this region during the past year. Because these developments will certainly result in an increased demand for heating oil, we recommend invest in consolidated industries, one of whose major business operations is the retail sales of home heating oil”

The argument states that, temperature in the northeast region of united states during winter season is very low and the waymarsh university predicts that this this weather pattern will continue for several years and also due to increasing development in the region, the demand for heating oil will increase. Hence, it suggests to invest in the consolidated industries, one of whose major business is the retail sales of home heating oil. The argument is flawed because of below mentioned reasons.

In the first, the argument is based on the forecast, which may or may not be true because it is predicted on the basis of past experience. So the investment in the heating oil will result in loss of money. In addition, due to variation in the crude oil prices the profit expected on the investment will diminish or it can result in loss of money.

Secondly, the statement states that, in future due to development in the area the consumption of heating oil will increase. It could be the case that due to adoption of the changed temperature, people will reduce the consumption of heating oil or may remain stagnant with increased number of residents in that area.

In addition, due development of new technology, people will use that technology to reduce the consumption of heating oil. So, investors should also think about this factor before investing in the retail sales of the heating oil. Like in the old times, people used wood and coal for heating and cooking, but nowadays people are using LPG and CNG, which does not produce harmful gases emitted during combustion of wood or coal.

In the conclusion, I would like to conclude that, in order to strengthen the argument presented above, the author must specify regarding, future scope of technologies that can replace heating oil, veracity of the prediction of waymarsh university, variation in the price of heating oil and availability of heating oil.

The content is not well organized. Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
homes in the northeast united states, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienced 90 days with below-average temperatures, and climate forecasters at waymarsh-university predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years.

condition 2:
Furthermore, many new homes have been built in this region during the past year.

conclusion:
Because these developments will certainly result in an increased demand for heating oil, we recommend invest in consolidated industries, one of whose major business operations is the retail sales of home heating oil.

then here goes the argument:

argument 1:
(yes, it is cold.) but people may use electrical appliance for heating in the future.

argument 2:
The population in that area may keep the same.

argument 3:
Maybe there are other bigger companies working on heating oil too, with better management and benefit.