A pet food company recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints that pets that had consumed the food experienced vomiting, lethargy, and other signs of illness. After the recall, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled foo

A pet food company recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints that pets that had consumed the food experienced vomiting, lethargy, and other signs of illness. After the recall, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled food and determined that all chemicals found in the food were chemicals that are approved for use in pet food. Thus, the recalled food was not responsible for these symptoms, and the company should not devote further resources to the investigation.

The given statement describes how a certain pet food made animals sick following which the manufacturer recalled it and found it to be of proper chemical composition. They further infer that all investigations need not be continued following their tests. This conclusion, dubious at best, attempts to push things under the mat. A thorough investigation must be performed before vindicating the company's conclusion.

The company mentions, in the paragraph, that they recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints and tested it. Were the same stocks responsible for pet sickness or were other stocks, which were not tested at all, responsible? This data could prove or disprove the veracity of the company's claims.

Additionally, the manufacturer performed chemical tests to ascertain the safety of their product. To evaluate the argument, one must see if the products were physically and microbially fit for consumption. The company's stand may turn out to be false if their certified products, on subjection to biological tests, were found contaminated with pathogens. The physical properties of pharmaceuticals, when altered, cause harmful effects on humans, let alone pets. A similar change in pet food could also have triggered pet sickness and can only be identified by physical tests.

Though the product was found to be chemically safe, one must ascertain if it is remains so on consumption. The digestive system in all animals exposes food to acid, water and salts, all of which could interact with food to present adverse allergies and reactions. The manufacturer must perform additional tests and investigate symptoms of affected animals to rule out this cause. Until this is done, one cannot ignore this possibility as a cause to the incident.

Thus, the given argument has many unbased assumptions which could alter its conclusion. Only a detailed analysis of these could help in identifying the correct reason for this incident.

argument 2 --not OK

----------------
read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/pet-food-company-re…