A recent survey of 250 adults between the ages of 30 and 45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self-reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours

A recent survey of 250 adults between the ages of 30 and 45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self-reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online each week were twice as likely as others to report that they "frequently" had trouble concentrating. Of adults who reported spending more than 30 hours per week online, 20 percent also reported that they had felt "sad, down or blue" at least three times within the past month. These results suggest that spending too much time online is linked to depression and people who want to improve their well-being should strictly limit the time they spend online.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

This argument is a memorandum about spending too much time online is caused to depression. This is an interesting argument but evidence provides does not make this case strongly enough to justify taking recommended action. Several questions would need to be answers to determine whether the author’s recommendation is reasonable and would lead to improved well-being.

First the author assumes that based on survey report spending online each day will leads to depression. But survey responses can hardly be used as indicator of actual behavior. Even the wording of the survey results remains ambiguous and vague. The argument fails to explain what is reason behind among 250 adults between the ages of 30 and 45 adults affected by depression just because of spending too much time on online. Today, technology is fast growing and everything is now available on internet. People will get anything by just clicking one button of their laptop or computer.

Second the argument addresses that spending 30 hours or more on online each week will cause trouble concentrating. While it is illogical because for example sometime adults do their work from home job and it will require internet and computer so that they can do their job by sitting at home. The survey does not confirm why it will create problem in concentrating? The author provides information about only those adults who reported spending 30 hours or more online each week online. We cannot make a meaningful comparison between groups without raw data about all of the survey participants.

Finally, the author also says that 20 percent also reported that they had felt “sad, down, or blue “ at least three times within the past month. From this statement we do not get any correlation alone does not guarantee that time spent online caused these symptoms. It is quite possible that they were caused by some other factor. For instance, these adults may have had plenty of time to spend online because they were unemployed; if so, this life circumstance could be the underlying cause of their symptoms. In other words, it might be the depressive symptoms causing the behavior, rather than the behavior causing the depressive symptoms.

Thus, the argument is not completely sound. Examining all the various angles and factors involved with spending too much time online cause depression, the argument does not justify the exact symptoms. However, the author’s argument is not likely significantly persuading the online usage time limit for everyone. While proposal does highlight a possibility, more information is required to warrant any action. Ultimately the argument might have been strengthened if the author could have shown that exact reason behind depression and also good or bad effects of online usage.

Sentence: First the author assumes that based on survey report spending online each day will leads to depression.
Description: The word will is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will

----------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

----------------
Need to accept those data or evidence are true, and then try to find out loopholes.