To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owner have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth in our listening area, but that growth resulted mainly from people moving here af

To reverse a decline in listener numbers, our owner have decided that WWAC must change from its current rock-music format. The decline has occurred despite population growth in our listening area, but that growth resulted mainly from people moving here after their retirement. We must make listeners of these new residents. We could switch to a music format tailored to their tastes, but a continuing decline in local sales of recorded music suggests limited interest in music. Instead we should change to a news and talk format, a form of radio that is increasingly popular in our area.

The argument states that, the number of music listeners in their area has declined instead of increase in the population of that area. Also, the statement gives reason that, the decline has resulted mainly from people moving here after their retirement, and hence they should change to news and talk format, a form of radio that is increasingly popular in their area. The argument is flawed because of the following reasons.

Firstly, the author does not specify the number of migrants that have transferred to this area. Also, what is percentage of migrants in the area?

It is also possible that resident people have changed their taste over time.

Also, due to increasing age of people of that area, they might have started liking other format of amusement. Also, the author does not specify, which format of amusement the migrants prefers, hence it may be not possible that by adopting talk and news format will increase the number of listener.

Also, the author should specify the age group and number of people who prefers news and talk format.

Hence, it order to strengthen the argument the author must give description of above mentioned questions.