Several years ago, Groveton College adopted an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated. Groveton's honor code replaced a system in which

Several years ago, Groveton College adopted an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated. Groveton's honor code replaced a system in which teachers closely monitored students. Under that system, teachers reported an average of thirty cases of cheating per year. The honor code has proven far more successful: in the first year it was in place, students reported twenty-one cases of cheating; five years later, this figure had dropped to fourteen. Moreover, in a recent survey, a majority of Groveton students said that they would be less likely to cheat with an honor code in place than without. Such evidence suggests that all colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's. This change is sure to result in a dramatic decline in cheating among college students.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation

The author of the statement concludes that a tremendous number of cheating in university have diminished. Close scrutiny of the studies and the evidences presented in the argument reveals that they lend little creditable support to the recommendation.

First, as the statement above is replete with equivocal conditions, the statement is open to different explanations. The alternative explanation is pertaining to the declining of cheat in the university, which there are several factors for this matter such as the culture of the city has improved through TV advertisement and level of student’s personality has augmented. As a matter of fact, they grasped getting a high score in the exam through cheating is not a propitious technique. As a result, This reduction is not only due to using the honor code without hesitation.

Second, it should be answered that, if the cases that students are reported about cheating are reliable? It is possible that a student did not understand that others are cheating or even if understand did not notify authorities because they felt it would be betraying to their classmates. Provided that it will be proved that students’ reports were not authentic adequate. As a consequence, it can not be a valid resource to attain such conclusion that author has stated in the passage. Moreover, this number is not a precise approach for ultimate decision since percent is a superb method for uttering some output without any shadow of doubt.

Finally, the author asserts that because the honor code has worked for Groventon that it will work just as well for all colleges and universities. We know that the condition of universities are not exactly similar. If either the Groventon environment or student disparate from that of other universities, one will not be able to make accurate comparisons between Groventon and other schools and the honor system may instead of the opposite impact than that intended. Hence to strengthen his argument the author ought to provide a valid evidence to demonstrate that Groventon’s students are representative of students throughout the nations

In short, as discussed, the author’s argument lacks necessary evidence affirming the author’s conclusion. Not being supported by evidence, the argument is open to different explanations. With each rival explanation being potentially possible, the argument fails to be persuasive.

argument 2 -- not OK. here goes the argument:

'Moreover, in a recent survey, a majority of Groveton students said that they would be less likely to cheat with an honor code in place than without. '

----------------