Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than

Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia. Using an observation-centered approach to studying Tertian culture, he concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than by their own biological parents. Recently another anthropologist, Dr. Karp, visited the group of islands that includes Tertia and used the interview-centered method to study child-rearing practices. In the interviews that Dr. Karp conducted with children living in this group of islands, the children spent much more time talking about their biological parents than about other adults in the village. Dr. Karp decided that Dr. Field's conclusion about Tertian village culture must be invalid. Some anthropologists recommend that to obtain accurate information on Tertian child-rearing practices, future research on the subject should be conducted via the interview-centered method.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

In the given argument the author has stated that twenty years ago two anthropologists conducted a study on the culture of tertia, the observations made by both the anthropologists strongly contradict each other on the child rearing practises in the island. so many other anthropologists have recommended that in order to obtain accurate information the future research must be made via the interview-centered method. The two anthropologists were Dr.Field and Dr.Karp. After conducting the study Dr. field concluded that children in tertia were reared by the entire village rather than their own biological parents while Dr. Karp had conducted his research via interview -Centred method and has concluded that the children spent much more time talking about their parents than other adults of the village.

although interview-centred method is a effective way of studying the minds of the children of the island, but unless and until we don't know the method Dr. field had adopted to study the culture and the mind of the children of the tertia island we cannot conclude that the children were mostly reared by their parents and the interview-centred method was a a more effective way to study the minds of the children. So here the author failed to mention the method adopted by Dr. Field so that both of the researches could be compared.

secondly Dr field had only studied the culture of Tertia island and concluded his observations accordingly, but dr. karp had studied the culture of many more additional islands and concluded his observations. it might be that most of the children in other islands talked about their parents than the adults in their society and the children of tertia island mostly talked about the entire village in their interview. So here in order to make a solid conclusion research must be conducted only on the tertia islands specifically by both of the anthropologists.

Thirdly as it is stated in the argument that the study was conducted on the culture of the tertia islands, then why are the anthropologists and the author only concerned about the child rearing practise on the island, there are many other features like the religion, the life style of the people, the education status of the society etc that can be studied under the culture.

so in order to make such conclusions either the entire culture should be researched or the child rearing practises must be only put under concern.Moreover only the tertia island particularly must be taken under the study.

argument 1 -- not ecactly

argument 3 -- not OK

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/gre-argumentthe-following-appeare…

Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.
Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.