You are hereClaim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

sheepfei199184's picture

By sheepfei199184 - Posted on 15 March 2012

Asurely,the degree of cities prosperity is a mirror of a country's modernization level which development need the support of money.consequently,i agree the speaker's broad assertion that governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.however, as for the claim's reason----ensure the financial for tcities because they are a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated, i have three demurrals as follows:

First, there is a basic question:is it the the government necessary duty to contribute money on the convential culture preservation?in civil,there are lots of organizations or individuals who use themselves' money supporting the advance of traditional culture. For instance, locating in the New York, the Carnegie Hall,was built in 1891 and invested by U.S. steel magnate and philanthropist----Andrew Carnegie. it offered a place for a great number of classical music to perform ,such as From the New World , An American in Paris and so on.in addition,another example is about the Chinese contemporary dancer named LipingYang, who spent herself money to organize a large-scale ethnic dance drama---《Dynamic Yunnan》,which thoroughly consists the ethial dance of Yunnan and exhibiting vividly the splendid and distinct dance to the public .in a word,even if in different time or contries,it never lack of beneficent persons to support the development of the traditional culture.thus,it's not necessary for government to contribute fund on the conservation of it.

In additon, i don't think cities are the places to generate and conserve the culture traditions of the nation. Cities,as enormous stew pots,consist various culture from every cormor of the world. They can represent as a window to exhibit a nation's cultural traditons rathre than conserve them,for these traditons might be subject to the impact or melt by variety of cultrue at any moment. On the contrary,countrysides and small town can be regarded as a greenhouse for culture's traditions generation and conservation. It's easily to see that in many countries' villages,there are still many traditonal customs and art inheriting hundreds even thousands years.taking a one of chinese traditional festial----Songkran for example, which is popular in some villages in China but would be seem so strange to image people splashing water against each other in a metropolis consisted lots of mansions.

Last but not the least,even if governments have the duty on conservation of culture traditons and, traditions surely exist in cities,who can promise the fund government provided would be used in preserving traditions rather than developing modernization which, in general, a field that major cities prefer to contribute the fund on so as to make them as leader goat to drive the economic advance of a nation,such as the development of traffic or indistry. So,the reason is not justifiable of governments must ensure their major cities receive the financial support becuse of conserve the culture traditons.Futhermore,who can promise conservation of culture tradition can merely depond on money. Probably, to conserve culture, a great number of people to inherit actively is also indispensable.

In sum,though government must ensure that major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive,but it's not ration to use the sstatement "a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated in major cities" for the reason. Because government don't have the duty to offer fund on culture traditions which weren't engendered or conserved at the same time. Moreover,though offerring the fund, on one can warrant it would used in conservation of traditions. Most essential,it's not enough to preserve traditons merely depond on money without other factors.

“Imprisonment for violent crimes should be made as unpleasant as possible in order to deter potential offenders from committing such crimes”Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain janet
All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools. angel
A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f rockingboy
Solano's music education programs This letter concludes that Solano school district should discontinue its music programs altogether. To justify this conclusion the author points out that only 20% of Solano's students enroll in music classes and that few hotsally sticky icon
An ancient, traditional remedy for insomnia—the scent of lavender flowers—has now been proved effective. In a recent study, 30 volunteers with chronic insomnia slept each night for three weeks on lavender-scented pillows in a controlled room where their s yjc1989
Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be most profitable in areas wher Colorok
GMAT Argument Writing Sample 52 iLoveGMAT
The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Clearview newspaper. "In the next mayoral election, residents of Clearview should vote for Ann Green, who is a member of the Good Earth Coalition, rather than for Frank Braun, a member of the Clearvi summerInn sticky icon
To Understand The Most Important Characteristics Of A Society, One Must Study Its Major Cities okoronkwoac sticky icon
the people wolud deteriorate their ability to think as they more rely on technology aman bansal 007

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a Thupten Tsering GMAT/GRE
Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. - GRE Issue 119 six11 GMAT/GRE
Argument(5): The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette:One Balmer island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of acc untermrad GMAT/GRE
Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. wasainika17 GMAT/GRE
Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated. f26194572 GMAT/GRE
Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently Vanan GMAT/GRE
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. maryam2900 GMAT/GRE
The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position patakon GMAT/GRE
Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position shiva jab GMAT/GRE
“Laws should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places” mehrotravidhi8 GMAT/GRE

"The birthrate in our city is declining: in fact, last year's birthrate was only one-half that of five years ago. Thus the number of students enrolled in our public schools will soon decrease dramatically, and we can safely reduce the funds budgeted for e darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Historians and other social scientists are as useful to society as are the biochemists and engineers because society's ill cannot be cured by technological progresses alone. ana-mika sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the executives need and the success of their firms. Of the advertisin darsh sticky icon GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. Hma GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The following is from a recent email by the Diord Corp. Human Resources l\Ianager: "Tobor Technologies found that mental health problems and mental illness were responsible for about 15 percent of employee sick days. Tobor amended its employee insurance p Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Argument Task
"Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were abundant numbers of each species. However, in 2002 only four species darsh GMAT/GRE Argument Task
Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to add Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals. marjunak666 GMAT/GRE Issue Task
"People most respect the powerful not when they exercise their power, but when they refrain from exercising it."Write an essay in which you develop and support a position on the statement above. In writing your essay, you should consider both when the sta Aditi Bapat GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them not by their contemporaries. fjalalit GMAT/GRE Issue Task

People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve rohan01 sticky icon GMAT/GRE Issue Task
Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free. marjan.ghotbi GMAT/GRE Issue Task
The following appeared in a memo from the manager of Uppercuts hair salon:"According to a nationwide demographic study more and more people today are moving from suburbs to downtown areas. In order to boost sagging profits at Uppercuts, we should take adv ana-mika GMAT/GRE Argument Task
From a letter to the editor of a city newspaper: “One recent research study has indicated that many adolescents need more sleep than they are getting, and another study has shown that many high school students in our city are actually dissatisfied with th bigzee GMAT/GRE Argument Task

Sentence: Asurely,the degree of cities prosperity is a mirror of a country's modernization level which development need the support of money.consequently,i agree the speaker's broad assertion that governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.however, as for the claim's reason----ensure the financial for tcities because they are a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated, i have three demurrals as follows:
Suggestion: Refer to cities and prosperity
Description: The fragment development need the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace need with verb, past tense

Sentence: First, there is a basic question:is it the the government necessary duty to contribute money on the convential culture preservation?in civil,there are lots of organizations or individuals who use themselves' money supporting the advance of traditional culture.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: It's easily to see that in many countries' villages?there are still many traditonal customs and art inheriting hundreds even thousands years.taking a one of chinese traditional festial----Songkran for example, which is popular in some villages in China but would be seem so strange to image people splashing water against each other in a metropolis consisted lots of mansions.
Description: The fragment It's easily to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace easily with adjective
Description: The word still is not usually used as a qualifier, pre
Suggestion: Refer to still
Description: A nil is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to years.taking and a

Sentence: So,the reason is not justifiable of governments must ensure their major cities receive the financial support becuse of conserve the culture traditons.Futhermore,who can promise conservation of culture tradition can merely depond on money.
Description: The token of is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to of and conserve

Sentence: Moreover,though offerring the fund, on one can warrant it would used in conservation of traditions.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to would and used

Error: money.consequently Suggestion: money consequently
Error: thrive.however Suggestion: thrive however
Error: modernization Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: tcities Suggestion: cities
Error: convential Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: For instance, locating in the New York, the Carnegie Hall,was built in 1891 and invested by U.S. steel magnate and philanthropist----Andrew Carnegie. it offered a place for a great number of classical music to perform ,such as From the New World , An American in Paris and so on.in addition,another example is about the Chinese contemporary dancer named LipingYang, who spent herself money to organize a large-scale ethnic dance drama---Dynamic Yunnan,which thoroughly consists the ethial dance of
Error: on.in Suggestion: one
Error: --- Suggestion: an
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: magnate Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ethial Suggestion: ethical
Error: large-scale Suggestion: large scale
Error: philanthropist Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: Yunnan and exhibiting vividly the splendid and distinct dance to the public .in a word,even if in different time or contries,it never lack of beneficent persons to support the development of the traditional culture.thus,it's not necessary for government to contribute fund on the conservation of it.
Error: culture.thus Suggestion: culture thus
Error: contries Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: In additon, i don't think cities are the places to generate and conserve the culture traditions of the nation.
Error: additon Suggestion: addition
Sentence: Cities,as enormous stew pots,consist various culture from every cormor of the world.
Error: cormor Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: They can represent as a window to exhibit a nation's cultural traditons rathre than conserve them,for these traditons might be subject to the impact or melt by variety of cultrue at any moment.
Error: cultrue Suggestion: culture
Error: rathre Suggestion: rather
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Sentence: On the contrary,countrysides and small town can be regarded as a greenhouse for culture's traditions generation and conservation.
No spelling errors
Error: traditonal Suggestion: traditional
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: years.taking Suggestion: years taking
Error: festial Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: chinese Suggestion: chins
Sentence: Last but not the least,even if governments have the duty on conservation of culture traditons and, traditions surely exist in cities,who can promise the fund government provided would be used in preserving traditions rather than developing modernization which, in general, a field that major cities prefer to contribute the fund on so as to make them as leader goat to drive the economic advance of a nation,such as the development of traffic or indistry.
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: indistry Suggestion: industry
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: becuse Suggestion: because
Error: depond Suggestion: depend
Sentence: Probably, to conserve culture, a great number of people to inherit actively is also indispensable.
No spelling errors
Sentence: In sum,though government must ensure that major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive,but it's not ration to use the sstatement 'a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated in major cities' for the reason.
Error: sstatement Suggestion: statement
Sentence: Because government don't have the duty to offer fund on culture traditions which weren't engendered or conserved at the same time.
Error: weren Suggestion: were
Error: offerring Suggestion: offering
Sentence: Most essential,it's not enough to preserve traditons merely depond on money without other factors.
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: depond Suggestion: depend

You have a lot of grammar or spelling errors. Be careful the format of punctuation!and
try to control the words in 350.