You are hereClaim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

sheepfei199184's picture

By sheepfei199184 - Posted on 15 March 2012

Asurely,the degree of cities prosperity is a mirror of a country's modernization level which development need the support of money.consequently,i agree the speaker's broad assertion that governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.however, as for the claim's reason----ensure the financial for tcities because they are a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated, i have three demurrals as follows:

First, there is a basic question:is it the the government necessary duty to contribute money on the convential culture preservation?in civil,there are lots of organizations or individuals who use themselves' money supporting the advance of traditional culture. For instance, locating in the New York, the Carnegie Hall,was built in 1891 and invested by U.S. steel magnate and philanthropist----Andrew Carnegie. it offered a place for a great number of classical music to perform ,such as From the New World , An American in Paris and so on.in addition,another example is about the Chinese contemporary dancer named LipingYang, who spent herself money to organize a large-scale ethnic dance drama---《Dynamic Yunnan》,which thoroughly consists the ethial dance of Yunnan and exhibiting vividly the splendid and distinct dance to the public .in a word,even if in different time or contries,it never lack of beneficent persons to support the development of the traditional culture.thus,it's not necessary for government to contribute fund on the conservation of it.

In additon, i don't think cities are the places to generate and conserve the culture traditions of the nation. Cities,as enormous stew pots,consist various culture from every cormor of the world. They can represent as a window to exhibit a nation's cultural traditons rathre than conserve them,for these traditons might be subject to the impact or melt by variety of cultrue at any moment. On the contrary,countrysides and small town can be regarded as a greenhouse for culture's traditions generation and conservation. It's easily to see that in many countries' villages,there are still many traditonal customs and art inheriting hundreds even thousands years.taking a one of chinese traditional festial----Songkran for example, which is popular in some villages in China but would be seem so strange to image people splashing water against each other in a metropolis consisted lots of mansions.

Last but not the least,even if governments have the duty on conservation of culture traditons and, traditions surely exist in cities,who can promise the fund government provided would be used in preserving traditions rather than developing modernization which, in general, a field that major cities prefer to contribute the fund on so as to make them as leader goat to drive the economic advance of a nation,such as the development of traffic or indistry. So,the reason is not justifiable of governments must ensure their major cities receive the financial support becuse of conserve the culture traditons.Futhermore,who can promise conservation of culture tradition can merely depond on money. Probably, to conserve culture, a great number of people to inherit actively is also indispensable.

In sum,though government must ensure that major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive,but it's not ration to use the sstatement "a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated in major cities" for the reason. Because government don't have the duty to offer fund on culture traditions which weren't engendered or conserved at the same time. Moreover,though offerring the fund, on one can warrant it would used in conservation of traditions. Most essential,it's not enough to preserve traditons merely depond on money without other factors.

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any maxchen
The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint gre13 sticky icon
Government should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of future. igniter56
Claim: The emergence of the online "blogosphere" has significantly weakened the quality of political discourse in the United States.Reason: When anyone can publish political opinions easily, standards for covering news and political topics will inevitably Zhang Bo
The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of Butler Manufacturing."During the past year, workers at Butler Manufacturing reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries, where the work shifts are one aminghorbanpour
"As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate." mabs239
The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central nb_gre sticky icon
A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. ezb sticky icon
The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students,Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories.Buckingham's enrollment is growing and,based on current tre sanchal.bakale
GMAT Argument Writing Sample 17 IBM2go

Although innovations such as video, computers, and the Internet seem to offer schools improved methods for instructing students, these technologies all too often distract from real learning. - GRE Issue 119 six11
People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yjc1989
GMAT Argument Writing Sample 41 essayking
Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals.Write a response in wh utkarshece sticky icon
Television is entirely democratic in that its content is controlled by what the people want. angel
GMAT Issue Writing Sample 5 essayking
The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you t utkarshece
Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sur Vanan
"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the numb maryam2900
It is primarily through our identification with social groups that we define ourselves.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing Vanan

Claim: Major policy decisions should always be left to politicians and other government experts. Chengyuan Cai sticky icon
The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company."Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One nbkru2f sticky icon
Governments should invest as much in the arts as they do in the military.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppor koser_2
In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field. 2971 sticky icon
The best ideas arise from a passionate interest in commonplace things.Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement above and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should c koser_2
The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a large, highly diversified company."Ten years ago our company had two new office buildings constructed as regional headquarters for two different regions. The buildings were erected by two differe nbkru2f sticky icon
Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consistently koser_2 sticky icon
Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country nbkru2f
The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be 2971 sticky icon
Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa dreamlizz

Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure nbkru2f
The following appeared in an e-mail sent by the marketing director of the Classical Shakespeare Theatre of Bardville."Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre product nbkru2f
The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint. saharpouya

Sentence: Asurely,the degree of cities prosperity is a mirror of a country's modernization level which development need the support of money.consequently,i agree the speaker's broad assertion that governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.however, as for the claim's reason----ensure the financial for tcities because they are a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated, i have three demurrals as follows:
Suggestion: Refer to cities and prosperity
Description: The fragment development need the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace need with verb, past tense

Sentence: First, there is a basic question:is it the the government necessary duty to contribute money on the convential culture preservation?in civil,there are lots of organizations or individuals who use themselves' money supporting the advance of traditional culture.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: It's easily to see that in many countries' villages?there are still many traditonal customs and art inheriting hundreds even thousands years.taking a one of chinese traditional festial----Songkran for example, which is popular in some villages in China but would be seem so strange to image people splashing water against each other in a metropolis consisted lots of mansions.
Description: The fragment It's easily to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace easily with adjective
Description: The word still is not usually used as a qualifier, pre
Suggestion: Refer to still
Description: A nil is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to years.taking and a

Sentence: So,the reason is not justifiable of governments must ensure their major cities receive the financial support becuse of conserve the culture traditons.Futhermore,who can promise conservation of culture tradition can merely depond on money.
Description: The token of is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to of and conserve

Sentence: Moreover,though offerring the fund, on one can warrant it would used in conservation of traditions.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to would and used

Error: money.consequently Suggestion: money consequently
Error: thrive.however Suggestion: thrive however
Error: modernization Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: tcities Suggestion: cities
Error: convential Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: For instance, locating in the New York, the Carnegie Hall,was built in 1891 and invested by U.S. steel magnate and philanthropist----Andrew Carnegie. it offered a place for a great number of classical music to perform ,such as From the New World , An American in Paris and so on.in addition,another example is about the Chinese contemporary dancer named LipingYang, who spent herself money to organize a large-scale ethnic dance drama---Dynamic Yunnan,which thoroughly consists the ethial dance of
Error: on.in Suggestion: one
Error: --- Suggestion: an
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: magnate Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: ethial Suggestion: ethical
Error: large-scale Suggestion: large scale
Error: philanthropist Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: Yunnan and exhibiting vividly the splendid and distinct dance to the public .in a word,even if in different time or contries,it never lack of beneficent persons to support the development of the traditional culture.thus,it's not necessary for government to contribute fund on the conservation of it.
Error: culture.thus Suggestion: culture thus
Error: contries Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: In additon, i don't think cities are the places to generate and conserve the culture traditions of the nation.
Error: additon Suggestion: addition
Sentence: Cities,as enormous stew pots,consist various culture from every cormor of the world.
Error: cormor Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: They can represent as a window to exhibit a nation's cultural traditons rathre than conserve them,for these traditons might be subject to the impact or melt by variety of cultrue at any moment.
Error: cultrue Suggestion: culture
Error: rathre Suggestion: rather
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Sentence: On the contrary,countrysides and small town can be regarded as a greenhouse for culture's traditions generation and conservation.
No spelling errors
Error: traditonal Suggestion: traditional
Error: ---- Suggestion: an
Error: years.taking Suggestion: years taking
Error: festial Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: chinese Suggestion: chins
Sentence: Last but not the least,even if governments have the duty on conservation of culture traditons and, traditions surely exist in cities,who can promise the fund government provided would be used in preserving traditions rather than developing modernization which, in general, a field that major cities prefer to contribute the fund on so as to make them as leader goat to drive the economic advance of a nation,such as the development of traffic or indistry.
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: indistry Suggestion: industry
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: becuse Suggestion: because
Error: depond Suggestion: depend
Sentence: Probably, to conserve culture, a great number of people to inherit actively is also indispensable.
No spelling errors
Sentence: In sum,though government must ensure that major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive,but it's not ration to use the sstatement 'a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated in major cities' for the reason.
Error: sstatement Suggestion: statement
Sentence: Because government don't have the duty to offer fund on culture traditions which weren't engendered or conserved at the same time.
Error: weren Suggestion: were
Error: offerring Suggestion: offering
Sentence: Most essential,it's not enough to preserve traditons merely depond on money without other factors.
Error: traditons Suggestion: traditions
Error: depond Suggestion: depend

You have a lot of grammar or spelling errors. Be careful the format of punctuation!and
try to control the words in 350.