You are hereClaim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Asurely,the degree of cities prosperity is a mirror of a country's modernization level which development need the support of money.consequently,i agree the speaker's broad assertion that governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.however, as for the claim's reason----ensure the financial for tcities because they are a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated, i have three demurrals as follows:
First, there is a basic question:is it the the government necessary duty to contribute money on the convential culture preservation?in civil,there are lots of organizations or individuals who use themselves' money supporting the advance of traditional culture. For instance, locating in the New York, the Carnegie Hall,was built in 1891 and invested by U.S. steel magnate and philanthropist----Andrew Carnegie. it offered a place for a great number of classical music to perform ,such as From the New World , An American in Paris and so on.in addition,another example is about the Chinese contemporary dancer named LipingYang, who spent herself money to organize a large-scale ethnic dance drama---《Dynamic Yunnan》,which thoroughly consists the ethial dance of Yunnan and exhibiting vividly the splendid and distinct dance to the public .in a word,even if in different time or contries,it never lack of beneficent persons to support the development of the traditional culture.thus,it's not necessary for government to contribute fund on the conservation of it.
In additon, i don't think cities are the places to generate and conserve the culture traditions of the nation. Cities,as enormous stew pots,consist various culture from every cormor of the world. They can represent as a window to exhibit a nation's cultural traditons rathre than conserve them,for these traditons might be subject to the impact or melt by variety of cultrue at any moment. On the contrary,countrysides and small town can be regarded as a greenhouse for culture's traditions generation and conservation. It's easily to see that in many countries' villages，there are still many traditonal customs and art inheriting hundreds even thousands years.taking a one of chinese traditional festial----Songkran for example, which is popular in some villages in China but would be seem so strange to image people splashing water against each other in a metropolis consisted lots of mansions.
Last but not the least,even if governments have the duty on conservation of culture traditons and, traditions surely exist in cities,who can promise the fund government provided would be used in preserving traditions rather than developing modernization which, in general, a field that major cities prefer to contribute the fund on so as to make them as leader goat to drive the economic advance of a nation,such as the development of traffic or indistry. So,the reason is not justifiable of governments must ensure their major cities receive the financial support becuse of conserve the culture traditons.Futhermore,who can promise conservation of culture tradition can merely depond on money. Probably, to conserve culture, a great number of people to inherit actively is also indispensable.
In sum,though government must ensure that major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive,but it's not ration to use the sstatement "a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated in major cities" for the reason. Because government don't have the duty to offer fund on culture traditions which weren't engendered or conserved at the same time. Moreover,though offerring the fund, on one can warrant it would used in conservation of traditions. Most essential,it's not enough to preserve traditons merely depond on money without other factors.
- The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.
- The following appeared in a memo at XYZ company."When XYZ lays off employees, it pays Delany Personnel Firm to offer those employees assistance in creating résumés and developing interviewing skills, if they so desire. Laid-off employees have benefited gr
- The vice president of human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."In an effort to improve our employees' productivity, we should implement electronic monitoring of employees' Internet use from their
- The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth.
- The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any
- Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals
- 63The following recommendation was made by the president and administrative staff of Grove College, a private institution, to the college's governing committee."We recommend that Grove College preserve its century-old tradition of all-female education rat
- argument：The following appeared in the summary of a study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia.A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salic
- Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students.Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own deci