Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supp

Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.
Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Some people may contend that university or college students must study abroad for at least one semester whereas others argue that universities or colleges do not have to require them to study abroad. Admittedly, both ideas are equally important, and, in fact, history informs us that these two approaches are mutually exclusive. However, as far as the university level education in the United States is concerned, the idea that students do not have to study abroad is crucial.

The chief reason for my assertion lies in the diverse and superb reputation of the university level education in the United States. If we analyze that there are a lot of international students in the United States and the university level education is the most superb in the word, we can agree with a certain level of agreement that students do not have to study in foreign countries. Let us clarify this point by using several cases.

First, if the universities or colleges require their students to study abroad, students need to pay extra tuitions and living fees. As a result, students cannot concentrate on their studies, or do not choose the universities that require them to study abroad. Usually, studying abroad is quite costly. In the case a student studies in Tokyo, he needs to pay at least five thousand dollars per semester for just tuition. Addition to tuition, he has to pay rents, living fees, textbooks, and so on. Even in developing country, it would still be costly because most universities in not-industrialized countries are located in their capital cities. Without a doubt, studying abroad is costly; therefore, some students may be unable to focus on their studies, or choose the universities or colleges due to this policy.

Second, the universities in the United States are already diversified. Studying abroad is usually recognized as a good opportunity to experience a different culture. However, universities in the United States already provide this experience because a lot of international students study in the United States. Surprisingly, in some universities, international students occupy over 50% of all students. There are a lot of cultural activities. Asian students may hold Asian food festival. Indian students may host Indian dance club. Hispanic students may open Spanish conversational courses by themselves. It is obvious that students in universities in the United States can have diverse experience in their own universities; therefore studying abroad is unnecessary for them.

Still yet, some opponents may contend that students can acquire a variety of knowledge by studying abroad. Ogai Mori, one of the most famous Japanese novelist, studied in the Germany. Dr. Nakayama, a Nobel Prize winner at Kyoto University, studied in California. Nevertheless, these facts do not guarantee that studying abroad would improve their academic skills. Edison did not study abroad. Newton did not study in foreign countries either. Studying abroad possibly expand their ideas, yet it should be noticed that it does not guarantee.

I strongly assert that studying abroad should not be required by universities as far as the university level education in the United States is concerned. This is because studying abroad is costly, and universities in the United States already provide students diverse opportunities. Besides, studying abroad is not mandatory to gain advanced academic abilities.

Need to polish sentences. A lot of duplicate words. Look:

The introduction paragraph is not developed well.