Essay topics: Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.
The speaker claims that educational institutions have a responsibility to help students selecting a proper field of study, trying their best to find advantage and talent of students for their succeed on scientific research. In my opinion, however, the only responsibility of educational institutions is booming the academic research. In another word, college and university should focus on how to cultivate talents of academic, but not person who can make more money or salary.
It is said that educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. But what means succeed? I believe that no body will say that succeed means making money or getting honor. People, who has different background and faith, pursuit different goal for all of their life. We cannot define a uniform standard for succeed. Should educational institutions dissuade students from some fields just for their own or some professors' criteria of success? It must be ridiculous.
Somebody will assert that achievements or breakthrough should be the basic norm of academic succeed. I am agree about it. Nonetheless, we also cannot define success. It is reasonable for us to do something for fun but not achievements. A scholar research in a field may just for his or her interesting. He or she might have no breakthrough in a field, but he or she have a happy life for studying in this field. The happiness, which fills whole life of a person, is real success.
Even assuming educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed, and all of us believes that achievements of breakthrough is the norm of success, how can we judge that whether a scholar will gain the success one day in the future? Something difficult may become easy in the future. A question, which seems impossible to answer, also have chance to be solved. Therefore, nobody can say that what will happened tomorrow. We cannot dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which we don't think they can be success.
In a conclusion, the responsibility of educational institutions is cultivating scholars in various kinds of field, but not making judgment to others. Professors can suggest their students for what is the best field of study for them or make some recommendations about study. The final alternate choice should be made by students themselves.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||Shreyasi||58||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||SABARNA CHOUDHURY||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||ErichDi||53||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||neema||58||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||tarandeep22ss||68||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 days ago||sadail||62||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 days ago||kavya.wadhawan||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||jidongw||70||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||sujay||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||ejpril88||46.5||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of a company that builds shopping malls around the coutry. "The surface of a section of Route 101, paved just two years ago by Good Intentions Roadways, is now badly cracked with a number of dangero (90)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did t (52.5)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter tha (70)
- The following was written as a part of an application for a small-business loan by a group of developers in the city of Monrose."A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise. Currently, the nerest jazz club is 65 miles away; t (90)
- According to a resent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced students cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls, for students to agree not to cheat in their academic (87.5)
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurant."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little imp (70)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. (54.2857)
- 1 . Woven baskets characterized by a particulardistinctive pattern have previously been found only in theimmediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea andtherefore were believed to have been made only by thePalean people. Recently, however, archa (55)