Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Essay topics: Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by thirty percent. Potential employers apparently believe the grades at Omega are inflated; this would explain why Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should now terminate student evaluation of professors.

olivericchen's picture

The argument casts doubts on the accuracy of the scores that students of Omega University have received after a certain policy implemented. The author poses reasons to doubt the accuracy if scores, like the wired escalation of scores and the lacking of abilities to get jobs with comparison to the school nearby, and presents a possible method to resolve this situation eventually. It seems that his opinions are correct at the first glance, but I find it specious on several grounds after deliberation.

First, the author points out that scores, the students have received, have risen up to 30 percent. He doubts the accuracy because the newly acclaimed policy, encourages students to judge thei ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.