The following appeared in a memo from the chairperson of the school board in the town of Saluda For the past five years Mr Charles Schade has been the music director at Steel City High School and during that time the school band from Steel City High has w

The following appeared in a memo from the chairperson of the school board in the town of Saluda.

"For the past five years, Mr. Charles Schade has been the music director at Steel City High School, and during that time the school band from Steel City High has won three regional band competitions. In addition, the quality of the music rehearsal facilities and musical instruments at Steel City High has improved markedly over the past five years. Because of such successes at Steel City High, the Saluda school board should hire Mr. Schade to plan and direct the general music education programs for the entire Saluda school system." - GRE Argument 24

In this memo the chairperson of the Saluda school board recommends hiring Schade, Steel City High's music director for the past five years, to plan and direct the school district's general music-education programs. To support this recommendation the chairperson points out that over the past five years Steel's band has won three regional awards and that the school's facilities and instruments have improved markedly. However, close scrutiny of this evidence reveals that it lends little support for the recommendation.

First of all, the chairperson unfairly assumes that the three band awards...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre