The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. In addition,local businesses that used to

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. In addition,local businesses that used to advertise during our late night news program have just cancelled their contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenue, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The business manager suggests that the television channel should devote more time on local news and weather forcasts rather than national news during it's late night program. He says so as the viewers are complaining, resulting in financial loses through advertisements. At first glance, the memorandum seems to be valid but on careful inspection there are many things the business manager fails to included in order to strengthen his stand.

The manager states - over the past year, more time has been devoted to national news as compared to weather and local news. There is a possibility that the quality of the national news is not at par with national news broadcasted by other channels. This could be a reason why the national news is struggling.

The argument is based on most of the complaints received from viewers with coverage of weather and local news. The statement in itself is very vague. Firstly, the manager does not mention that the complaints are pertaining to the timings of the late night news. He should have mentioned that the viewers are complaining that they want national news replaced by weather and local news during night shows. One more possibility is that the quality of weather and local news has gone down. Maybe the reporter which viewrs liked switched to another channel. To strenthen his argument based on the complaints from viewers, the manager should have precisely mentioned the viewers dissatisfaction with only the time at which the weather and local news are broadcasted.

The television channel's advertisements loss from local businesses is assumed to be a direct result of broadcasting late night national news. Ther could well be a possibility that the economy is down and as a result local businesses are cutting costs by limiting expenditure on advertisements. There is one more possibilty that though the local businesses have cancelled their advertisements citing national news, more prominent business venture have started advertising during late night shows.

The managers claim of devoting more time on weather and local news could well prove to be lucrative for the television channel. But the memorandum provided does not necessarily imply a guranteed success. The manager should have involved the points discussed above to make a strong argument in favor of weather and local news broadcasted at night shows.

Sentence: At first glance, the memorandum seems to be valid but on careful inspection there are many things the business manager fails to included in order to strengthen his stand.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and included

Sentence: The business manager suggests that the television channel should devote more time on local news and weather forcasts rather than national news during it's late night program.
Error: forcasts Suggestion: forecasts

Sentence: To strenthen his argument based on the complaints from viewers, the manager should have precisely mentioned the viewers dissatisfaction with only the time at which the weather and local news are broadcasted.
Error: strenthen Suggestion: strengthen

Sentence: There is one more possibilty that though the local businesses have cancelled their advertisements citing national news, more prominent business venture have started advertising during late night shows.
Error: possibilty Suggestion: possibility

Sentence: But the memorandum provided does not necessarily imply a guranteed success.
Error: guranteed Suggestion: guaranteed