Formal educational credentials should be the most important factor in hiring employees.

Education is a means to an end. It is needed to improve one's welfare and general standard of living. Education without the willingness to learn is tantamount to rutility. One must endeavour to acquire skills needed to make the world a better place.

First, formal education provides the means to becomes a successful individual in life. Formal education in most cases is highly recommended in hiring employees. For an individual to become part of a success organisation, he must have gone through intensive and rigorous training inorder to become grounded in his area of specialisation. For Barrack Obama to succeed in his campaign, he needed to surround himself with those who had formal training. If not, he would not be in the Whitr House today.Therefore, whatever a person is taught in school would be needed in his place of work.

Secondly, a person cannot be hired without knowing the nitty-gritty of where he is going to work. Consequently, to succeed or become useful or effective in a working environment, an individual must possess the right skills and knowledge a particular field is known for. Thus, for a person to be considered employable, he must possess the right qualifications the employer needs since a novice cannot do what he doesnt know.

Furthermore, possessing a qualification is highly essential in this part of the world. A person without a tertiary education is like a plant in a desert; he becomes a loner. The world is a global village; everything is changing and moving fast at an accelerating rate. Things not used in the 1960s and 1970s like the Internet and Mobile phones are now prevalent all over the globe. Consequently, a person without the right technical and commercial know-how sholud not bother applying for employment in an organisation.

In addition, man is not an island of sort. Man keeps learning everyday. Learning can never stop. Therefore, there is no excuse for a person not to be educated with the necessary formal skills except if he is not endowed with financial means. Everything aroung us is changing so fast that one must endeavour to equip himself with skills required to fit in any organisation he find himself.

However, that does not mean that someone without formal credentials cannot be hired. Some people might not have the privilege of seeing the four walls of a learning institution but were rather taught through informal methods. Such persons could be a protege of another, assimilating skills and information from their mentors. I would not be surprised if such individual supercedes another with formal credentials. Sometimes,it is not the training received in a formal setting that matters, it is the determination and the zeal to succeed no matter the circumstances.

In summary, education is highly essential in this fast moving world. Anyone not moving with it is going to lose at the end. Formal education is very important to succeed in this present corporate world. Also, not having a formal credential does not mean a person cannot succeed but he may not fit in the corporate world where important on formal credential is of immerse priority.