Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students.

Governments should not offer college and university education free of charge to all students. Education is must for each and every person and for the development of country education should be promoted. To promote the higher education the fee structure of colleges and universities should be nominal.

Nominal fees should be taken from the students to provide them basic facilities. For the maintenance of the college building, to fulfill the basic needs of teaching, funds are required. So governments should make this universities as subsidies and a part of expenditure should be taken from students in terms of fees.

Some parents cannot afford the fees of higher education of their children, and because of their low financial position student won't able to take the higher education. So financial support should be provided to needy students in terms of reduction of their fees. Fees should be exempted to the students whose parents position are below the poverty level.

Fees structure of some private colleges and universities are too high and this financial expenditure is creating unnecessary burden on guardians. So Government should issue rules for proper fee structure of higher education and make it compulsory to be followed by all colleges and universities.

Sentence: So governments should make this universities as subsidies and a part of expenditure should be taken from students in terms of fees.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and universities

Sentence: Fees should be exempted to the students whose parents position are below the poverty level.
Suggestion: Refer to parents and position