GRE - Argumentative Prompt: "Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than by their own biological parents. Howeve

GRE - Argumentative Prompt: "Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire village rather than by their own biological parents. However, my recent interviews with children living in the group of islands that includes Tertia show that these children spend much more time talking about their biological parents than about other adults in the village. This research of mine proves that Dr. Field's conclusion about Tertian village culture is invalid and thus that the observation-centered approach to studying cultures is invalid as well. The interview-centered method that my team of graduate students is currently using in Tertia will establish a much more accurate understanding of child-rearing traditions there and in other island cultures."

The argument makes for a series of unwarranted assumptions regarding the differences. between Dr. Karp's recent study and Dr. Fields' initial research of the Tertia tribe. If one considers at least one of the arguments from the statement, the argument can be considerably weakened.

The argument claims that Dr. Field's conclusion about the Tertia tribe is invalid about the how the community considers their upbringing being raised by an entire village instead of one's own birth parents. Dr. Karp argues that the children interviewed in the recent research discussed more about his or her parent...

Sentence: In addition, Dr. Karp's and Dr. Fields' research has not been compared on the basis of advancement since the the first observation by Dr. Fields' was recorded.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the