Homes in the northeastern United States where winters are typically cold have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating Last year that region experienced twenty days with below average temperatures and local weather forecasters throughout the

IT is true that,Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold,have traditionally used as their major fuel for heating.And it seems logical that colder winter and more houses means more consumption of oil for heating. And to supply the sufficient oil we need oil industries, specially consolidate oil industries. But if we examine the statement, there are lots of drawbacks, which are making it a weak statement.

As author is saying that, Last year that region experienced twenty days with below-average temperatures. But here author does not present any data which can show the increment in fuel consumption during those twenty days.So how can someone decide that weather he should invest in oil companies or not. You can not take big decisions based on assumptions. according to me, it is insignificant.

Secondly author claims that, local weather forecasters throughout the region predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years. But it is the prediction of local weather forecasters and it is not the prediction of reliable national weather service channel. Since, it is very difficult to predict weather conditions for years, And it is illogical to predict weather conditions for future based on past year weather conditions. So, according to me, it is insignificant to invest a big chunk of money in oil companies only on the basis of these predictions.

Author's next point is that," many new homes have been built in this region during the past year", so there is a increased demand of heating oil. But as I said it before that author does not present any data which can clear the increased demand of heating oil in that region. It is also possible that the newly build houses are based on new technologies, may be these houses isolation is better than the old ones. And their heating system can be based on electricity or may be on solar energy. Because,it is the old traditional way for heating, and it costly too. May be some of the old houses have changed their old or traditional appliances with new appliances of heating through renovation. Which are less costlier in maintenance.

So, at the end I want to conclude my opinion that, there is not valid or strong reason which can influence to invest money in oil companies. In the above statement, there is not a single point which can justify the author's claim.

Sentence: Because,it is the old traditional way for heating, and it costly too.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to it and costly

Argument 1 -- NOT OK. You don't doubt the statement, but try to find out logical flaws from the statement.

Our arguments:

1. To start with, the argument essentially relies on a prediction that the cold weather pattern will continue, which implies an increased need for home heating energy sources.

2. Even if we assume that the prediction on the climate pattern is trustworthy, the predicted rise in heating oil demand still needs further substantiation.

3. Granted that the oil demand will increase, it still remains unclear whether Consolidated could consequently enjoy a significant profit gain.