You are hereMen and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to add

Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to add

yjc1989's picture

By yjc1989 - Posted on 17 October 2012

Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Although there are many distinct differences between physical conditions of men and those of women, causing some tasks just suited to men and some only to women, there are still many tasks that both men and women have the same ability to master. Those tasks which make they differently fitted are primarily related directly to their physical differences. Even though these sharp differences, there are still a variety of work which women and men are equally capable.

First, there are truly some tasks just suited for one of the sex, some just for men, while others only for women. For example, men can't give birth to babies, which is simply because men are not designed for this hard task, i.e. men have no the well-suited organs to accomplish the job, comparing to women. On the other hand, if women want to give birth to a child, they can't do it without the help of men. These are among the tasks that needed the special physical conditions, resulting in the differences in abilities of men and women to accomplish the job.

Second, even though such differences and the situations that both sex not equally suited do exist, there are many other kinds of tasks that are well-suited for men and women, regardless of the preconception about the differences between men and women. There are some ideas about what are fitted to men. For example, men are more progressive and should be leaders in a company. Does the case just comfit to the traits of men? Of course not, there are still many successful girl CEOs who make their companies prosper and thrive. As a result, many tasks we thought just suited for men may equally fitted for women.

On the other hand, what about those labors thought to be just for women, such as washing dish, washing clothes, taking care for kids? Despite the fact that many women possessing some gift that they are born mothers, many "born fathers' do exist. These men with great capabilities of getting along with kids can do the job just as well as women, as in many other cases. Therefore, those labors which, in our prejudice, just good for women, maybe designed for them, are also equally suited for men.

In the end, although the physical differences do exist and result in some distinct abilities to do some tasks, there are many other jobs are equally well suited for men and women, despite the prejudice about the old stereotypes of men and women. As a consequence, in so many circumstances, we should treat men and women with equal respect, requiring them for equal efforts.