Most people are taught that loyalty is a virtue. But loyalty---whether to one's friends, to one's school or place of employment, or to any institution---is all too often a destructive rather than a positive force.- GRE Issue 121

Is loyalty all too often a destructive force, rather than a virtue, as the speaker contends? To answer this question it is crucial to draw a distinction between loyalty as an abstract concept and its application. Apart from its consequences, loyalty is clearly a virtue that all humans should strive to develop. Loyalty is part of a universal ethos that we commonly refer to as the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. However, whether loyalty in its application amounts to virtue depends on its extent and its object.

First consider the ways in which loyalty, if exe...

Sentence: Relationships between spouses and other exdusive pairs require some degree of trust in order to endure; and loyalty is part-and-parcel of that trust.
Error: exdusive Suggestion: exclusive

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre