Motorcycle X has been manufactured in the United States for over 70 years. Although one foreign company has copied the motorcycle and is selling it for less, the company has failed to attract motorcycle X customers - some say because its products lacks th

Motorcycle X has been manufactured in the United States for over 70 years. Although one foreign company has copied the motorcycle and is selling it for less, the company has failed to attract motorcycle X customers - some say because its products lacks the exceptionally loud noise made by motorcycle X. But there must be some other explanation. After all, foreign cars tend to be quieter than similar American-made cars, but they sell at least as well. Also, television advertisements for motorcycle X highlight its durability and sleek lines, not its noisiness and the ads typically have voice-overs or rock music rather than engine roar on the sound track.

The argument that motorcycle X manufactured in United States was copied by a foreign company which failed to attract the customers of Motorcycle X even though foreign companies motorcycle was selling for less raises some important concerns that must be addressed to substantiate the argument. The statement that follows, reasons and gives some evidence to support the claims. Further, the author concludes by talking about the advertisements for motorcycle X that talks about its durability and sleek lines but not about its noisiness. This alone does not constitute a logical argument and it certainly does not provide support or proof to the main argument.

Most inadequately, the argument does not address the fact that motorcycle X has remained in the United States for 70 years which makes it a classic icon and no foreign brand can replace its position all that easily.

First, the argument assumes that selling a product for a lesser price with a few modification alone can help the foreign brand capture the market. In a weak attempt to support the claim, the argument gives evidence of cars with low noise from foreign brands preferred over home brand cars. There is a big question on the reliability of the foreign brand and the after sales service they can provide.

Second, the argument never addresses the customer base which the motorcycle X targets. The television advertisement that has voice-overs or rock music suggests that the target audience are the youth.

Finally, the argument does not address what the loud noise means to a motorcyclist. It is quite possible that the uniqueness of its design is almost impossible to duplicate. Also it is possible that motorcycle X has a patriotic touch in the minds of its customers considering that it has lasted so long.

Because the argument leaves out several key issues, it is not sound or persuasive. If it included the items discussed above instead of solely concluding to some assumption that is vague.The argument would have been more through and convincing.