Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the m

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

With the beginning of 1850s, when the industrial revolution began and the cities underwent rapid development, wilderness areas has begun decreasing drastically with increasing demands for space and timber. Because of myopic government policies, a lot of damage was done, that now cannot be restored. It has been only recently that nations turned more attention to preservation of nature and environment. While some people believe that we should enact laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their intact state, after deep consideration, it is certain that anthropogenic influences are inevitable, but enforcing wise laws governing the extent of human intervention can be mutually beneficial.

It is true, of course, that uncontrolled logging for industrial purposes or to make grazing land for cattle should be forbidden by law. Forests are homes for our animals. Habitat depletion is one of the greatest cause of animal extinction. Diminishing animals' biodiversity irrevocably, greatly influences ecological systems. As a consequence, imbalance in the food chain causes population explosions of some species and extinction of the others. But taking into consideration industry development, there will be always demand for timber. Thus, appropriate management of forests is crucial. If cutting down the trees is unavoidable, reconstruction of animals' habitat elsewhere or their relocation would greatly help to protect them.

As far as endangered species are concerned, our intervention can rescue some critically endangered animals. Rehabilitation of injured and orphaned wildlife could be one example. Likewise, growing plants, that are threatened with extinction, is another example of positive human impact on wilderness areas. People should feel culpable and repair the damage they caused to the environment.

Furthermore, besides timber, wilderness areas are rich in other sources of great economical value. Fruits and medicinal plants from rain forests can be one example. Additionally, indigenous tribes inhabiting America's rain forest are able to cure many diseases using natural extracts from herbs and plants. Currently, many scientists investigate potential healing properties of these extracts. Some of them were discovered to have anticancer properties. Defending rain forest from devastation, we are protecting not only indigenous people, animals and trees, but also possible medicines from enormous diversity of plants. Having such a biodiversity as rain forests, it is very desirable for people to investigate and make use of it. Having in minds, however, that sustainability is the key to maintain healthy balance on Earth.

While it is true that nations should protect the remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, people have the right to take advantage of all the benefits that nature can give us. I believe, that if managed properly, human beings will benefit greatly from existing preserved areas, causing no harm to surely indispensable natural resources.