Originality does not mean thinking something that was never thought before it means putting old ideas together in new ways

Originality does not mean thinking something that was never thought before; it means putting old ideas together in new ways

Curiosity- a connatural trait of human mind. It is this trait that gives impetus to gain knowledge. Knowledge is the key to innovation. The human mind with its unwearying thinking process generates innumerable ideas, some of which are original. Any idea that outdoes itself in its uniqueness is an original idea. An original idea does not generate itself by magic but by manifestation of older ideas and experience.

An idea gives rise to another idea. Alexander graham Bell invented a unique machine to communicate between two people at different places- the telephone. Years passed by and the telephone started walking with us in our pockets. Then it started entertaining us with its games and innumerable features. Bell's machine along with a hybrid of several ideas has become "The Smart Phone".

We all know that no matter how big a tree is; it was always once a seed. So is a thought. Every thought in our mind is a result of seeds planted in the past which grow steadily and become a tree and bear fruits. The first computer ever built occupied space equal to a room and only did a few calculations. After so many modifications, upgradations and new visions through out the years the size of a computer reduced to a palm . This palm size innovation started from one idea of a computer system that inculcated in it several ideas of different human minds.

Every human mind is programmed uniquely. No two human minds no matter how in synch they are cannot think alike. So every mind has a different view of interpreting things. Two writers if given the same plot will write two different novels both unique and original. An idea is just like Mathematics. Every problem can be solved in different ways.

No idea can survive alone for long. It has to take the help of other ideas and grow into a new idea with fresh assence of originality. Originality is nothing but uniqueness. It comes from of the adeptness of human mind in creating something new and different from something old.