Essay topics: "Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits to decrease significantly. We must take action to attract new audience members. The best way to do so is by instituting a 'Shakespeare in the Park' program this summer. Two years ago the nearby Avon Repertory Company started a 'Free Plays in the Park' program, and its profits have increased 10 percent since then. Therefore, I recommend that we start a 'Shakespeare in the Park' program of our own. If we do so, I predict that our profits will also see a significant increase."
In order to attract more audiences, marketing director of Classical Shakespeare Theatre (CST) asserts to commence a new program 'Shakespeare in the Park' . His assertion is based on success of the Avon Repertory Company (ARC), which have started such a program two years ago. Definitely, to assess this recommendation CST authorities would have find answers of following questions: To how much extent the success of ARC was contingent on 'Free plays in Park' program? Secondly, will 'Shakespeare in the Park' would be in agreement of audiences' taste?
Although there was a rise of 10% in profits of ARC after commencement of 'Free plays in Park'; but, this is not enough to prove that new program was solely responsible for this raised profit. It is also possible that some other schemes of ARC would actually had been responsible for this success. For example, reduction in irritating advertisements had pleased people to attend this program. In any case, if it is found that 'Free plays in Park' was not really responsible for thriving profits of ARC, director's recommendation would be severely undermined. While in opposite case, i.e. if evidences supporting that 'Free plays in Park' was really responsible for ARC's success, director's argument would seem cogent.
Moreover, it also important to see whether the starting this new program would be effective in attracting new audiences as expected or it. AVC had implemented 'Free plays in Park' two years earlier; since from that time might had changed drastically. In two years mood of public may be reluctant for theater plays; this new generation of audience may prefer digital media over conventional theater plays. In this case again, recommendation would be weakened; and starting 'Shakespeare in the Park' can be cause for CST to be in debts. However, if director is able to prove that public is interested in this theater theme (especially, through means of some survey) , director's recommendation would be strengthened in this case. Therefore, CST authorities should consider people's choice before arriving at any conclusion.
Conclusively, before accepting or rejecting this recommendation CST authorities need to consider following things:
First, significance of 'Free plays in Park' in profits of AVC. Second, prediction of audiences' interest for 'Shakespeare in Park' program. Perhaps, if these factors are found to be in favor of recommendation, I think there is no harm to try it. However, if these factors are found to be against the argument, definitely, CST should not risk its funds for this program.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||halleyt99||66||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||shacharm||40||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 days ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||bhanubhakta||50||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||adi12||76.66670000000001||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 weeks ago||jlvhrse||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||siamakd||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||letsgeta6||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 11 months ago||anubhav007||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||nbkru2f||94||Read full essay|
- Statement of purpose (96.66670000000001)
- Educators should base their assessment of students' learning not on students' grasp of facts but on the ability to explain the ideas, trends, and concepts that those facts illustrate. (76.66670000000001)
- "Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as (70)
- The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries. (65.2)
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them. (67.36839999999999)
- The vice president of human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."A recent national survey found that the majority of workers with access to the Internet at work had used company computers for perso (80)
- "Over the past ten years, there has been a 20 percent decline in the size of the average audience at Classical Shakespeare Theatre productions. In spite of increased advertising, we are attracting fewer and fewer people to our shows, causing our profits t (69.2308)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent (85)
- Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain. (60)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involv (91.66670000000001)