Essay topics: People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
Different people will define risk differently. While some people feel no fear traveling to different continents, others consider trip to another city very risky. Although no one feels comfortable taking a risk under any circumstances, risk is inevitable for the knowledge and human development to advance.
First and foremost, risk can be compensated. One method of compensation could be money. Throughout the ages people undertake risky actions to earn much more money. Working on the oil platform could be one example of risky job, compensated, however, by high salary. In this kind of job, one does not have to consider consequences. His life is endangered, and his safety does not solely depend on his own actions. Without this risky positions, other people would not have the possibility to use benefits that this jobs are providing.
Secondly, stock investors oftentimes undertake risky actions. Here, in contrast, it is not their live that is in danger. In the stock market, without high risk there is no gain. Usually, there is no time to consider all pros and cons. One has to make a decision very quickly. As far as investiture is concerned, decrease of risk, with careful consideration of all its consequences is possible, and leads to a conclusion that the safest solution would be to buy bonds instead of shares. Here, however, potential monetary gain buying much safer bonds is much less attractive.
Finally, space exploration is very considered very dangerous by many. Without the courage of first explorers, however, no progress could be made in this matter. Y.Gagarin risked his life because spaceships of his predecessors didn't come back to earth. Even though, he considered consequences of his flight, he decided to make this step for the humankind. Without his risky actions (as well as others courageous cosmonauts), we wouldn't have a chance to explore the outer space.
Hadn't been for the courageous actions of people, we wouldn't have numerous inventions and innovations. Additionally, very often quick actions of doctors saves peoples lives.
To summarize, risk is inevitable in our lives. Most humans, however, are born to be adventurous, and usually take the risk. Ideally, most of the risky actions concerning the event should be minimized. Nevertheless, sometimes there is no time to consider all possible outcomes.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|7 months 1 day ago||darshanchalise||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 day ago||Divya Chalise||66||Read full essay|
|9 months 4 days ago||ing54007||64||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||DubinchukEugene||80||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 month ago||mightyblue123||90||Read full essay|
|4 years 5 months ago||yjc1989||88||Read full essay|
- Integrated writing task. Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they oppose specific points made in the reading passage. (80)
- Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible. Other young adults prefer to live with their families for a longer time. Which of these situations do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinio (66.66670000000001)
- It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (90)
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (74.28570000000001)
- Integrated WRITING - Bermuda Triangle (97.5)
- Workers in the small town of Leeville take fewer sick days than workers in the large city of Masonton, 50 miles away. Moreover, relative to population size, the diagnosis of stress-related illness is proportionally much lower in Leeville than in Masonton. (82.5)
- Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people whom they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni (57.5)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i (85)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (70)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagre (65)