You are herePeople should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. I

People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. I

Agata's picture

By Agata - Posted on 16 October 2012

People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Different people will define risk differently. While some people feel no fear traveling to different continents, others consider trip to another city very risky. Although no one feels comfortable taking a risk under any circumstances, risk is inevitable for the knowledge and human development to advance.

First and foremost, risk can be compensated. One method of compensation could be money. Throughout the ages people undertake risky actions to earn much more money. Working on the oil platform could be one example of risky job, compensated, however, by high salary. In this kind of job, one does not have to consider consequences. His life is endangered, and his safety does not solely depend on his own actions. Without this risky positions, other people would not have the possibility to use benefits that this jobs are providing.

Secondly, stock investors oftentimes undertake risky actions. Here, in contrast, it is not their live that is in danger. In the stock market, without high risk there is no gain. Usually, there is no time to consider all pros and cons. One has to make a decision very quickly. As far as investiture is concerned, decrease of risk, with careful consideration of all its consequences is possible, and leads to a conclusion that the safest solution would be to buy bonds instead of shares. Here, however, potential monetary gain buying much safer bonds is much less attractive.

Finally, space exploration is very considered very dangerous by many. Without the courage of first explorers, however, no progress could be made in this matter. Y.Gagarin risked his life because spaceships of his predecessors didn't come back to earth. Even though, he considered consequences of his flight, he decided to make this step for the humankind. Without his risky actions (as well as others courageous cosmonauts), we wouldn't have a chance to explore the outer space.

Hadn't been for the courageous actions of people, we wouldn't have numerous inventions and innovations. Additionally, very often quick actions of doctors saves peoples lives.

To summarize, risk is inevitable in our lives. Most humans, however, are born to be adventurous, and usually take the risk. Ideally, most of the risky actions concerning the event should be minimized. Nevertheless, sometimes there is no time to consider all possible outcomes.