People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Every person will have a situation in life where he or she needs to decide on something. These decisions can be small ones like say choosing between what clothes to wear,where to go out on a weekend or major life changing decisions like higher studies and marriage. Some of these decisions require us to give a serious thought while some, we just have to decide lightly.

The claim presented here says that people who make decisions based on emotions and justify them with logic are poor decision makers. This is in fact very true. Any important decision we take, we must always look for the pros on cons of it. If we have to take some decision between something that we would love to do and something which can be done by us, we would obviously choose the one that we love to do. It is always told that anything that we do we must do with full will and interest. But this holds good only when the act we would like to do is beneficial to the decision maker. It is always better to make decisions considering the prospective not consequences.Making a wrong decision, thinking only from heart and not thinking from mind is not gonna be justified in any way. It cannot be undone.

Consider the example of a student who wants to decide what he must study further after his 12th standard. Parents are the most influential people in this case. They try to force their interests on their children.They try to convince their children by telling them that they always make the right decisions for their kids. They emotionally influence them. The student might be interested in pursuing his Art interests, while his parents may be interested in enrolling his for Engineering. The student finally decides to go by his parents' words. But if the student is not interested in what he is studying he would be a big failure. He can't justify his decision with any logical justifications. This is one of the examples of a bad decision made.

But there are situations where decisions made based on emotion have been the best. Say for example a girl needs to choose between her love and her parents. The girl doesn't want to hurt her parents. At the same time, she doesn't want to let go her love for someone. Finally she decides to go with her love. This decision was completely takes based on her emotions. But in the long run she is going to be happy about it. She is going to have a life which she would always cherish. So here the decision made based on the girls' emotion has been a good decision.

So summarizing, we can say that decisions, be it big or small it is always better to give some serious thought. When we spend time thinking, we would obviously know if we must make the decision based on our heart or based on our mind. That is whether we must decide based on emotion or logic. Because mostly a decision made cannot be undone.

Sentence: These decisions can be small ones like say choosing between what clothes to wear,where to go out on a weekend or major life changing decisions like higher studies and marriage.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to like and say

Sentence: The student might be interested in pursuing his Art interests, while his parents may be interested in enrolling his for Engineering.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by for
Suggestion: Refer to his and for

Don't use 'like say','is not gonna be' in essay writing.