A pet food company recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints that pets that had consumed the food experienced vomiting, lethargy, and other signs of illness. After the recall, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled foo

A pet food company recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints that pets that had consumed the food experienced vomiting, lethargy, and other signs of illness. After the recall, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled food and determined that all chemicals found in the food were chemicals that are approved for use in pet food. Thus, the recalled food was not responsible for these symptoms, and the company should not devote further resources to the investigation.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

After testing samples from pet food that had been recalled due to illness from pets who consumed it, it was determined by the pet food company that all chemicals use were approved. Therefore, they decided that further investigation is not necessary. The grounds on which they made this assumption is flawed and I proceed to state the reasons.

Firstly, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled good and determined that all chemicals found in the food were chemicals that are approved for use in the pet food.This may be true but since only samples were tested,you cant assume the same for all 4 million pounds of pet food that was recalled. Maybe some of them were out of date, they would still have approved chemicals though. Maybe they had gone bad and this was the reason why the pets were getting sick. Just because the chemicals used were approved does not mean the food wasn’t toxic.

Another assumption made was that since there were no unauthorized chemicals found, the pet food company does not need to do any further research into the cause of the illnesses. We are still unaware of the cause and further research it needed. They can test to see if the authorized chemicals have any side effects that they were unaware of before. Just because a chemical is approved in test food doesn’t mean they can all be used, some may have restrictions that prohibit them to be used in conjunction with another chemical.

The company’s research and assumptions are flawed and they need to contribute more time and effort into it.

Sentence: After testing samples from pet food that had been recalled due to illness from pets who consumed it, it was determined by the pet food company that all chemicals use were approved.
Suggestion: Refer to chemicals and use