The purpose of education should be to provide students with a value system, a standard, a set of ideas---not to prepare them for a specific job. - GRE Issue 102

Should educators teach values or focus instead on preparing students for jobs? In my view the two are not mutually exclusive. It is by helping students develop their own principles for living, as well as by instilling in them certain fundamental values, that educators best prepare young people for the world of work.

One reason for my viewpoint is that rote learning of facts, figures, and technical skills does not help us determine which goals are worthwhile and whether the means of attaming those goals are ethically or morally acceptable. In other words, strong values and ethical standards...

Sentence: One reason for my viewpoint is that rote learning of facts, figures, and technical skills does not help us determine which goals are worthwhile and whether the means of attaming those goals are ethically or morally acceptable.
Error: rote Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: attaming Suggestion: attaining