A recent study suggests that people who are left-handed are more likely to succeed in business than are right-handed people. Researchers studied photographs of 1,000 prominent business executives and found that 21 percent of these executives wrote with th

A recent study suggests that people who are left-handed are more likely to succeed in business than are right-handed people. Researchers studied photographs of 1,000 prominent business executives and found that 21 percent of these executives wrote with their left hand. So the percentage of prominent business executives who are left-handed (21 percent) is almost twice the percentage of people in the general population who are left-handed (11 percent). Thus, people who are left-handed would be well advised to pursue a career in business, whereas people who are right-handed would be well advised to imitate the business practices exhibited by left-handers. - GRE Argument 82

This argument recommends the all left-handed people should pursue a career in business and that right-handed people should learn to imitate the business practices of left-handed people. To support this recommendation the speaker cites a study of 1,000 prominent business executives, among whom 21 percent were photographed while writing with their left hand. The speaker then points out that only 11 percent of the general population is left-handed. The argument suffers from several logical flaws and is therefore unconvincing.

First of all, the study amounts to scant evidence of the speaker's ...