A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches.

A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. Although many foods are naturally rich in salicylates, food-processing companies also add salicylates to foods as preservatives. The twenty-year study found a correlation between the rise in the commercial use of salicylates and a steady decline in the average number of headaches reported by study participants. At the time when the study concluded, food-processing companies had just discovered that salicylates can also be used as flavor additives for foods, and, as a result, many companies plan to do so. Based on these study results, some health experts predict that residents of Mentia will suffer even fewer headaches in the future.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

In the given passage author has introduced a serious issue related to health. Residents of Mentia unknowingly consumed salicylates and a study revealed that it is the reason for their decline in the rate of headaches. Though author’s conclusion has some merit but it is based upon some assumptions whose validity needs to be verified before accepting them.

Primarily, the twenty-year study on headaches leads somewhat unconvincing. We need to know their procedure, how many people take part in that study etc. Twenty year is a long time so other condition should be kept same to understand the effect of only salicylate. We need more detail to believe in the depth of the study.

Secondly, it may be possible that many food contain salicylate naturally . But it does not mean it is beneficial to health. There are many natural fruits that contain poisons and are harmful for health. So the assumption seems to weaken the argument that being natural means good. So the effect of salicylate even though natural needs to be verified. Careful medical experiment need to be performed to understand its side effects. Salicylate may be good for prevent headache but at the same time it may have some other serious long lasting side effects.

Thirdly, the correlation between commercial use of salicylates and a steady decline in the average number of headaches is not convincing at all and needs thorough inspection. Commercially available salycylate may be produced by some artificial methods. Any products that is not natural have some serious drawbacks. The study may be overlooked the fact. Other possibility is that the effect of salicylate may be prominent after thirty or forty years. So we need careful attention before use such artificially produced analgesic in daily commodities like food.

Finally , the prediction of those health experts is under questionable premises . They may be biased to certain food companies that uses salycylate. Author should provide some evidence behind their prediction. Only one study at certain geographical frame is not suffice to make such general statement. More detailed experiments should be done before using salycylate in the food. Having good in taste does not mean it will also good for health.

Human life is precious. Many analgesic like salycylate have numerous side effects and generally they become prominent after certain time frame. Those chemical compounds disturb the natural immunity. So more researches need to be done before making such conclusion.

Sentence: Many analgesic like salycylate have numerous side effects and generally they become prominent after certain time frame.
Error: analgesic Suggestion: analysis