Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.
Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Human industrial development and overexploitation have significantly affect species who live alongside us, and the extinction rate is at its peak currently. Because the extinction of species will affect food chain and ultimately threaten the well-being of humans, I agree with the statement in that we should take measures to protect them from extinction. However, this protection should be fully endorsed without qualifications or conditions.

The industrial and scientific revolution has transformed the life of human beings, allowing people to live more freely and conveniently. However, the very same revolution has also transformed the fate of other species in another manner. Nuclear waste has caused irrevocable mutations among species; overexploitation of forest forced many species into exodus; habitat degradation caused major extinctions. It wasn't until recently that people recognize their influence on others, many seek to rectify this mistake. Many countries have applied terrestrial restoration, limiting chemical and antibiotic usage etc. in attempt to save endangered species.

However, many still support such measures with qualifications. Critics claim that saving all endangered species is a huge project, requiring major fund which most country cannot provide. However, they neglect the fact that the survival of one species can promote the survival of another. The species are interconnected in an intricate food chain, and the prosper of one species is beneficial to its predators. In addition, by applying terrestrial restoration, the natural habitat is returned, therefore restoring the ecosystems and biodiversity, making all species living in it to thrive. Based on these reasons, the protection of all species from extinction is practical when people protect several key species in the food chain and restore the natural habitat.

Also, saving all endangered species is a profitable business. Each year people will spend huge funds to deal with climate change, sand storm, soil loss etc. However, if the protection of species proves successful, the biodiversity will contribute to the environment stability, making the world less susceptible to changes. One can also assume that in the future, summer will be cooler and winter to be warmer, and people no longer waste electricity on air conditioning.

In addition, the burgeoning of species will in turn provide ample resources to humans. The large number of plant species can be used as crops; the honeybees will help the pollination of agricultural plants; Microorganisms will provide organic matter which people use for nutrition. The great variety of species displayed in exhibition will attract more visitors.

In conclusion, as a member on earth, we have the responsibility to protect any of our family species because it promotes biodiversity, environment stability, and our own benefits.