Success, whether academic or professional, involves an ability to survive in a new environment and--, eventually, --to change it. - GRE Issue 96

Do academic and professional success both involve surviving in a new environment and eventually changing it, as the speaker claims? Regarding academic success, in my view the speaker overstates the significance of environment. Regarding professional success the speaker's threshold claim that adaptation is necessary has considerable merit; however, the extent to which professional success also entails shaping the environment in which the professional operates depends on the type of profession under consideration.

Turning fzrst to academic success, I concede that as students advance from g...

Sentence: Turning fzrst to academic success, I concede that as students advance from grade school to high school, then to college, they must accustom themselves not just to new curricula but also to new environments--mompfised of campuses, classmates, teachers, and teaching methods.
Error: fzrst Suggestion: first

Sentence: To sum up, the speaker's daim has merit insofar as any individual must adapt to new environments to progress in life and to survive in a dynamic, ever-changing world.
Error: ever-changing Suggestion: ever changing
Error: daim Suggestion: cliam