Teachers' salaries should be based on their students' academic performance.

Teachers are groups of noble who dedicate a life time to service to mankind. Teachers are the creators of future generation.Policy makers should always give them adequate compensation so that we can have bright professionals in the teaching profession.

If teacher’s salaries were to be based on the academic performance of the students we would require a standardized testing procedure. Common standardized tests like SAT usually test for vocabulary, reading comprehension and mathematics. In this case we will not be able to decide on the compensation of teachers who teach specialized subjects like anthropology, geography etc. Moreover it will be a very contentious issue how a geography teacher will compare to a physics teacher as not all subjects have the same difficulty level.

The student’s answer scripts are graded by the teachers themselves. So attaching teacher’s compensation to the student’s grade is virtually like teachers deciding on their own compensation. This will lead to teachers unjustly awarding better marks to students to increase their compensation. Experts might argue that different set of teachers should grade answer scripts of students taught by another teacher, but this is case of colleagues deciding on compensation. So there will cases of corruption and bribery.

Different teachers teach students with different levels of ability. Intellect level of all students is not the same. A poor teacher might get a set of very intelligent and hard working students, so he will easily get a good compensation. A good teacher might get student who are not so intelligent so despite his hard work he might get a lower compensation.

Teaching is noble profession so to attach grades to compensation is disparaging on the profession. If at all a teacher’s compensation is based on the performance a lot of factors should be taken into consideration. Student’s grade should not be the only criteria.