Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Beside specialized knowledge, knowledge outside the student's field of study are also essential for their future jobs and life. We are all familiar with the fact that the social skills and general knowledge are sometimes the main factor deciding whether one get the job or not or whether he or she be will succeed in that field. Thus, I do support the claim that university should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study

Globalization together with advance in technology and the increased complexity of job scope, in order to get in a job and succeed in that job, student would be required not only specialized knowledge but also the social skill to work in the team of multinational members, computer skill to use sophisticated machines and the ability to working in multidiscipline environment. Thus, students equipped with variety of subjects like communication, writing, social network, some science in addition to their specialized knowledge would have more advantages over one with only their field knowledge so that they can win in the competitive labor market.

Others argue that requiring all student to take a variety of courses would compromise the specialized knowledge because students have to share their precious time and effort in apparently unrelated subjects. However, taking other-field courses is not necessary bad thing for your specialized knowledge but in most of the cases, those apparently unrelated subjects are compliments to help students have a deeper understanding of their field. For example, Physics and Math are usually the most hated subjects of many Biological students, but the understand of basis principles of Physic and Math is extremely useful and essential to the understand of most biological process like signal transduction, cellular transport and practices because after all, all processes even in organism are physical ones but in the more sophisticated and abstracted level. In addition, having knowledge in various field not only provides student with more overall and holistic views for any problems presented to them in life so that they can come up with better solution, but also widen their choice for future jobs.

Requiring student to take a variety of course but giving them some degree of flexibility, e.g. students are allowed to choose the exact subject belonging to wide fields decided by curriculum, is also a way to stimulate student's interest in study at university, especially enforcing the interest for their major.

In conclusion, specialized knowledge gained from university is important but only this knowledge is insufficient for nowadays jobs in the international and multidiscipline working environment. Universities should require student to take different courses outside the student's field of study so that student have a more overall view to a problem from different perspectives and deeper understand and interest for their major field.

Sentence: We are all familiar with the fact that the social skills and general knowledge are sometimes the main factor deciding whether one get the job or not or whether he or she be will succeed in that field.
Description: The fragment one get the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace get with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular