Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

I disagree with the statement. Universities should not require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student’s field of study. This will only put extra load of study on students.

A university includes different collages where a student can do higher studies. Collage syllabus is organised in such a way that students have to choose subjects of their interest as a main subject and two or three other subjects as sub-ordinate linked with main subject. So that student’s main focus is to study only one subject. Other subjects will work as helper and known as subsidiary. Subsidiary subjects have less value in terms of marks than the main course. Hence students need not to focus much on the subsidiary subjects. The main aim of a university education is to make a student specialized in one subject, to have deep knowledge about one subject, to think more on a sub topics of particular subject.

If a university will force students to take variety of courses, that will put extra load on students. This might have several drawbacks. Student would not get time to study their main subject and hence their knowledge about the subject will become poor. They may feel depressed. They will have little knowledge about the variety of subjects rather than a deep knowledge of any one subject. This will prohibit a student to do research on any one subject. As we know too little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Because of all these drawbacks a university should allow students to study only one subject of their interest.

In summary, universities should not force students to study variety of subjects. Deep knowledge of any one subject is better than a too little knowledge of variety of subjects. Deep knowledge can give birth to a new research.

Sentence: Collage syllabus is organised in such a way that students have to choose subjects of their interest as a main subject and two or three other subjects as sub-ordinate linked with main subject.
Error: organised Suggestion: organized