We can usually learn more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own.

The statement is quite prejudiced in itself. According to the statement, sharing is a better way of learning than contradicting someone's opinion. Though, i do not concede with it. Learning is itself a different field depending on many factors like your grasping power, your inclination to learn, and how fast you memorise the things. However, when you consider sharing or contradiction as two methods of learning, then, of course it is a debatable topic.

Sharing can make you realize of your mental level. A person can rate himself after sharing his thoughts with his peers. New ideas will be inherited which will boost his level of imagination. This is not bad at all. It might be possible that after sharing a person find that his level of thinking is much better than the others. This undoubtedly, gives a lot of confidence.

On the other hand, contradiction also serves as a better key of learning. A person can grow his mind, by removing all the limitations.

Lets take an example to illustrate the topic, homosexual marriage is such an contentious issue for the world today. Only 14 nations have accepted it legally. This issue had always been in our society from ages. But, nobody wanted to share about it. It used to be a matter of shame. Today, sharing has made us to learn that even gays and lesbians can lead a life happily.

To sum it up, i would say that sharing and contradicting an issue will always go hand in hand. different people have different way of thinking. Everyone has right to present his views and no method impedes learning anyhow. Both the ways are required to groom an individual.

Sentence: Learning is itself a different field depending on many factors like your grasping power, your inclination to learn, and how fast you memorise the things.
Error: memorise Suggestion: memorize