Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

The author of the following argument refutes the notion that the "Palean" baskets were only made by the Palean People" by providing two evidence 1) The "Palean" basket were found in Lithos 2)Brim River can only be crossed by boat. Althought the two evidences appear to bolster the author's argument, a meticulous analysis will show otherwise. The author needs the following evidence to make the argument more sounding: 1) A picture that compares the pattern of the two baskets 3) no other alternative route to Lithos from Palea 3) census data that indicates the origin of the people in Lithos.

A picture of the woven pattern will demonstrate the similarities between the woven basket found in Palea and the one found in Lithos. This specific evidence could strengthen or weaken the argument depending on what the pictures indicate. Base on the pictures, if the woven patterns are indeed similar, then it will strengthen the argument. However, if the opposite is found, then it will not support the argumeent.

Secondly, the author needs to clarify that the Brim River is the only route to get into the City of Lithos from Palea. This evidence, again, can go either direction. If crossing the Brim River is the only method to getting to Lithos, then it will strengthen the argument. However, if there are other plausible routes, then the argument will not be supported. The Brim river could be the shortest way to get to the city of Lithos; however it may not be the only way. In addition, the author cannot make a conclusion that the Palea people did not travel to Lithos because of evidence of boat were not observed. The palean people, after crossing the river with the boats, could have utilized the lumber from the boats for other purposes. They could have swim when the river was less dense. Stating that there were no boats doesn't imply that the Palean did not cross the river.

Last but not least, If there are other alternative route for the Palean people to get into the city of Lithos, the author must now provide census data that indicates the origin of the people of Lithos. The census data could then be used to show that no one from Palea ever settled or visited the city of Lithos. Depending on the results of the census, the author's argument could be bolstered or eneverated.

In conclusion, the author needs to provide specific evidence such as an illistrutation of the woven basket found in Palea and Lithos, routes to Lithos from Palea and census origin of the people of Lithos. Without these specific evidence, the author cannot conclude that the woven basket were not originally from Palea.

Sentence: In addition, the author cannot make a conclusion that the Palea people did not travel to Lithos because of evidence of boat were not observed.
Description: The fragment evidence of boat is not usually followed by were
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace were with was

Sentence: They could have swim when the river was less dense.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and swim

Sentence: Depending on the results of the census, the author's argument could be bolstered or eneverated.
Error: eneverated Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In conclusion, the author needs to provide specific evidence such as an illistrutation of the woven basket found in Palea and Lithos, routes to Lithos from Palea and census origin of the people of Lithos.
Error: illistrutation Suggestion: illustration