2.To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In de

2. To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The speaker asserts that to understand characteristics of a society, one must study by evaluating characteristics of major studies, but while doing so one has to also take a note that our country is full of diversity in all domain like caste, living class, religion and many more. So author also could have thought on this.

Well I am absolutely disagreeing with author’s belief. In city you will not find people of any one caste. City will full of all people belong to different kind of castes. It pretends that each caste has their own belief, characteristics. For example if we take Brahmin and Kshatriya, both are belonging to different mankind and thoughts. One can’t evaluate society based two different parameters.

Furthermore in city you will find people of different class, like poor, middle class and upper class. So all classes have their own living standards and styles. Such as poor class people can’t afford every weekend shopping, outing and movie-mall also not able to send their children in self-finance school. Likewise middle class people can’t afford high sophisticated life style, but upper class people can afford everything they want. So one can’t mess-up these different living standard and style on one scale to evaluate characteristic of society.

In addition city is also having more than one religion. Like Hindu, Muslim, Christian etc. All religions have their own festivals, religious beliefs. For example all religions are celebrating New Year on different date and month. So while evaluating characteristics of society one has to keep these points in back of mind.

In summary, I do agree with the author’s statement, but it requires supportive evidence with possible way to evaluate the characteristics of society based on major city having diversity in all domains. One has to study all parameters of caste, living class, religion etc. considering diversity belong to any major city with supportive example then only it is possible to understand the characteristics of society.